Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdr3
    • Nov 2005

Laimbeer Jersey in GF Auction

Does anyone else have trouble seeing Bill Laimbeer in a size 42 jersey while at Norte Dame? This guy has always been barrel chested. The Worthy UNC jersey, which is beautiful, is a 46, and he did not seem as thick as Laimbeer. On another note, the Bird jersey in the same auction seems a bit off. I do not recall ever seeing a celtics jersey from that era with rounded numerals made by sand knit.
  • kingjammy24
    • Nov 2005

Re: Laimbeer Jersey in GF Auction

laimbeer was 6'11", 245lbs.
    worthy was 6'9", 225lbs.

"The Worthy UNC jersey, which is beautiful,.."

i'm curious about your thoughts on this:

rudy.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by jdr3
      Does anyone else have trouble seeing Bill Laimbeer in a size 42 jersey while at Norte Dame? This guy has always been barrel chested. The Worthy UNC jersey, which is beautiful, is a 46, and he did not seem as thick as Laimbeer. On another note, the Bird jersey in the same auction seems a bit off. I do not recall ever seeing a celtics jersey from that era with rounded numerals made by sand knit.
      jdr3,
      Seems a little small. I would think he was closer to a 44 (the youngsters out there probably think he wore a 58 + 4 inches of extra length). I don't know Laimbeer's college sizes. Maybe in his freshman year, he wore 42?
      Did you see Rudy's post about the Worthy? Can't find a photo of any UNC player wearing the same numeral font as the "5". Thought you might have some photos. The Worthy post was from yesterday.

Comment

• jdr3
        • Nov 2005

Rudy,

Could you please send me your email address.

Thanks,

Jim

jreed65844@aol.com

Comment

Working...