PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers selling there GU to Steiner Sports

Pinstripes
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
I just received a phone call from the Dodgers telling me that they will no longer be selling the GU stuff to the public and that everything is being sold to Steiner Sports. Now i've never dealt with Steiner Sports but i preffered it the way it was. This is terrible news to this Dodger collector.

89ASMVPBats
08-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Count on prices going through the roof.

Pinstripes
08-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Count on prices going through the roof.

That's great. Just what i wanted to hear :rolleyes:

kylehess10
08-10-2007, 12:24 PM
So does this mean that Dodgers memorabilia will all come through from Steiner like Yankees/Mets/Red Sox memorabilia is exclusively?

Pinstripes
08-10-2007, 12:26 PM
So does this mean that Dodgers memorabilia will all come through from Steiner like Yankees/Mets/Red Sox memorabilia is exclusively?

That is what i was told.

allstarsplus
08-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I just got the dealer price list this morning. News travels fast! Very reasonable on everything except the Superstar items like Nomar and some of the Asian players, and the LineUp cards are pricey comared to other teams.

Nice selection of Game Used bats and batting helmets and Spring Training jerseys.

Andrew 202-716-8500
info@allstarsplus.com

Pinstripes
08-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I just got the dealer price list this morning. News travels fast! Very reasonable on everything except the Superstar items like Nomar and some of the Asian players, and the LineUp cards are pricey comared to other teams.

Nice selection of Game Used bats and batting helmets and Spring Training jerseys.

Andrew 202-716-8500
info@allstarsplus.com

Can you share with us the prices?

allstarsplus
08-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Can you share with us the prices?

Most companies prohibit posting of their prices. Feel free to call me for quotes.

My contact info is above.

thanks. Andrew

godwulf
08-10-2007, 01:49 PM
And how does Steiner Sports sell their gu items if they don't post a price list? :confused: Or do they only sell them to dealers, and not to the public?

33bird
08-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Would be interested in a Jeff Kent game used helmet if they have one. Please send me a list with prices of Kent items. Thanks.
biggamebird@yahoo.com
Greg

ChrisCavalier
08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just spoke to a contact at Steiner who explained to me that they actually only received the Dodgers game used items a couple of weeks ago and they are currently going through inventories, etc. They will be providing updated information on their website soon regarding Dodgers merchandise once they have had the chance to complete their necessary protocols.

As for pricing, I was told that there will be a slight increase but that increase is attributable to the additional support they provide concerning the items' legitimacy (they items will include Steiner certs, etc.). I was also told that if you would like any information regarding the pricing you can call them directly at 1.800.759.SCORE.

In addition, I want to mention that there will be a number of Dodger game used items from Steiner in our upcoming auction beginning next month.

I hope this helps and we are excited about having some of these Steiner Dodger items in our upcoming auction.

Sincerely,
Chris

bfriedman
08-10-2007, 05:42 PM
For information/pricing etc. you may contact me directly at bfriedman@steinersports.com or 914-307-1087. Items will be live and for sale shortly.

Thanks,
Brett Friedman
Steiner Sports