PDA

View Full Version : How to Find Jerseys of Lessor Known Players

B1SON
08-11-2007, 02:48 PM
I am frustrated and looking for help. I decided to collect exclusively NDSU grads, mainly including Tyrone Braxton, Phil Hansen, Steve Nelson and Lamar Gordon. In two years I have found one TB jersey on the bay and one Lamar Eagles jersey through this forum (thank you). I would LOVE to spend the money, I just CAN'T find the jerseys. I could find Favre, Vick, Jeter, A-Rod jerseys easily, but auction houses don't have these guys. Lamar spent the last few games last season with the Loins, so last night I found the equipment managers name and then sent an email to their general email box with "Please forward to Tim O'Neill" in the subject line asking if they still ahd the jersey but I don't know if it will work. We have players on preseason rosters right now who if they don't make the team I still like to but their practice jerseys. Can I contact these equipment managers directly? If so, will they work with me? Any suggestions? I am VERY frustrated because I knwo the equipment is out there, but I don't think the right people know I want it. Suggestions or contact info PLEASE!

harpt
08-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I'll keep my eyes open for you.

I did my under-grad in ND (Valley City, class of '95) and feel a kinship for anyone there. It is really a GREAT state.

B1SON
08-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks Scott! What a small world - class of '99 - I did my Masters and Ph.D.'s and now teach at NDSU. So, my freshman year was your senior year. On a campus of about 1,000 students we had to have crossed paths I am sure. Or maybe had a beer together at the house on the otherside of the walking bridge (where the WHOLE campus) drank together. Oh the memories of KP's for beer and Pizza Corner for lunch. Good ol' VC. ;)

harpt
08-12-2007, 12:03 AM
House on other side of bridge, KP's and Pizza Corner...all great memories indeed.

B1SON
08-12-2007, 03:46 PM
They certainly are great memories. No one else has dealt with this? No one else has contacted NFL trainers directly??? We have a guy who played his first preseason game last night for the Giants and after getting scorched for a TD will probably be cut. Who do I contact to buy the jersey he wore last night??????

B1SON
08-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Joe or Ed Skiba are the two men in charge of equipment with the Giants. Any idea how to get a hold of them aside from sending an email to a generic Giants address and asking it to be forawrded to them. I may have to do snail mail and send it directly to him at the stadium. ANy suggestions???

B1SON
08-18-2007, 01:17 AM
No one has ANY suggestions for me??? I have discovered American Memorabilia whom seems to have smaller named players jerseys.

bigtime59
08-18-2007, 06:37 AM
I don't deal with the NFL, but I generally find that calling works better than trusting email with MiLB and MLB clubs...
Good luck.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

B1SON
08-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't deal with the NFL, but I generally find that calling works better than trusting email with MiLB and MLB clubs...
Good luck.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

Perfect! Lets talk about this. Do you call the novelty store? Or, is their a way for me to get numbers to call the equipment mamangers directly?