PDA

View Full Version : Craig Biggio jersey on ebay?

TNTtoys
08-11-2007, 07:46 PM
All,

Just saw a Craig Biggio rookie Astros jersey on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Astros-Craig-Biggio-1988-Rookie-road-game-jersey_W0QQitemZ140147063295QQihZ004QQcategoryZ605 97QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A couple of puzzling factors about the item:

1. It's a size 48. Biggio couldn't have possibly been larger than a 44.

2. Rawlings tags not on the front of the jersey, they are inside. Also the strip tag missing; doesn't appear to have ever been there. I have a couple of 88 Astros gamers, and the tagging on this jersey is nothing like mine.

Any other comments/opinions?

TNTtoys
08-11-2007, 08:12 PM
I wrote to the seller regarding this jersey. I included all the points below and added that the tagging, which is in the wrong place, isn't even correct for a 1988. I provided a photo of a true Biggio 1988 gamer which doesn't look much like his. I believe that he's just a consignment shop, and someone's trying to pull a fast one here.

eGameUsed
08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
TNT,

I spoke to the individual that is selling this item on consignment Thursday. I agree there are serious flaws. First, the seller told me there was a stamp indicating this was an authentic replica, somwhere inside. Second, I also told them that Biggio did not wear a 48 then, or ever. My 1990 Biggio is a Size 40 and is photomatched to many gmame photos on Getty. I also have a 1996 Home Navy Alternate (Size 44), 1999 Home White (Size 46), 2003 Home Pinstripe (Size 46), and 2006 Road Red Alternate Cool Base (Size 46). And finally, the name is completely wrong on the back. The nameplate material and letters appear to be incorrect.

I intend to contact the seller again as his description goes against my recommendation (from a phone conversation only) and he does not describe the special stamp he told me about. He was going to set up a time for me to come in and see the piece, but never heard back from him.

If I find out anymore I will let everyone know!

Thanks,