PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton bats

Birdbats
08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I just picked up a Josh Hamilton used bat and was hoping there's a Reds or Hamilton expert who can offer an opinion. What bats does Josh typically use? I've seen game photos of him using black LS M9 bats and I've seen posed shots of him with black Controlling the Game (CTG) bats. Does he typically use both brands during games? What else should I look for in terms of pine tar pattern, ball mark location, etc.? Thanks for your help.

rose14
08-14-2007, 08:11 AM
In a recent ESPN the Magazine article it showed him with a Louisville Slugger.

Birdbats
09-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Just got an answer to my own question. The Reds are in town this weekend. Hamilton is using both CTG and LS. Here's a photo from today's game (9/2):

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/Bats/100_2284.jpg

jshortt
09-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi Jeff,

First, thanks for your help in the Pujols thread.

Before the All Star Break, Josh was using CTG's almost exclusively. Every now and then, Dunn would let him try one of his M9's, and Josh went through several different brands in BP (SAM's, etc). While I have noticed him using more M9's recently, he still uses the CTG's every so often (as your picture shows), and these two exclusively for games. Let me know if you have any more Hamilton questions, and I'll try to answer them.

hth,
Josh