X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingjammy24
    • Nov 2005

Nolan Ryan - Not always Goodman?

I came across this item on Ebay:

A 1991 "game used" Nolan Ryan Rangers jersey.

At first, I was extremely curious how that jersey managed to show that much wear, as it's well-known that Ryan did not pitch in anything but Goodman & Sons jerseys during his tenure with the Rangers. (And possibly his tenure with other teams). During his years with the Rangers, he wore Goodman & Sons while the rest of the Rangers wore Rawlings (and later Russell Athletic). I was pretty sure the jersey had to be fake based solely on the fact that it was a Rawlings and yet it showed a good amount of wear. I was extremely curious how it specifically managed to get that wear if he didn't wear it.

However, I found these 2 images:

Both of them seem to show what I believe are Rawlings logos on the right sleeve. (It's blurry but given that his Goodman & Sons, Wilson, and AIS jerseys bear no markings on the right sleeve, and it doesn't look like the Russell "R", the possible choices are limited).

I believe at least one of those two images may be from spring training.
    A theory: His Goodman & Sons jerseys weren't available/ready by those specific Spring Training games so he wore his typically issued Rawlings jerseys. He wore his Goodman & Sons for the regular season/as soon as he received them. I have my doubts that the Ebay jersey was worn during a good portion of the regular season. I suspect at best it may have been worn during Spring Training. The style of tagging is correct (strip tag & font) for the Rangers in 1991.

Rudy
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Nolan Ryan - Not always Goodman?

Rudy, check out this link, maybe it will help...

Tapatalk brings you to people who share your own passions and interests. Millions of members are online now, sharing their expert opinions with others who can truly appreciate them. Tapatalk is different from traditional social media--the people you meet will be as excited by your hobby as you are.

Not everything is always as they seem.

Comment

Working...