PDA

View Full Version : lucky vintage glove find

imlemonysnicket
01-23-2006, 08:00 PM
last week i bought a lot of two gloves off ebay pretty cheap - they looked like fixer uppers so i took a shot, plus the picture wasn't that great. got them today and one is a Spalding Lewis "Hack" Wilson! Signature is plain as day. glove should clean up nice - I'll post a picture when it's done. sorry if I sound like i'm bragging - i'm just excited!

vintagesportscollector
01-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Congrats Brett- Can't wait to see it when you are done. The "Pocket Price Guide" lists Hack Wilson as Very Rare, as I'm sure you know. Great find. Don't tell the seller they sold you a $500+ glove for $15....your ruin their day. :)

slidekellyslide
01-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Sweet deal Brett! I can't wait to see a pic.

I won this lot on ebay last week and just got it a couple of days ago....not anything like your deal, but not too bad for a buy-it-now.

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/6305/ef14ut.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Not too bad for $35 + shipping, but certainly nothing like your deal...The glove is a Musial PM..I did a BIN on an auction last night that I'm hoping turns out to be something really good.....I'll let you guys know about it either way when I get it.

mjkm90
01-24-2006, 06:51 AM
That is one heck of a find Brett! Congrats on your good eye. What's your ebay handle. I'd like to check that glove out?

imlemonysnicket
01-24-2006, 07:35 AM
once in a while you find some good deals there - i got lucky two weeks ago as well - i got a Joe Nuxhall Rawlings glove with original box for a steal - i was looking for something else in a totally obscure catergory and there it was. here's a pic of the glove and box - hopefully i'll have the hack wilson pictures ready tonight.

mjkm90
01-24-2006, 09:37 AM
You Da Man Brett! I've made a couple of those lucky finds in ebay, but not quite like these. It really is fun to find things where they don't belong.

imlemonysnicket
01-24-2006, 06:31 PM
here are some pics of the hack wilson glove. i think i may have found a home for it already with a cubs collector.

slidekellyslide
01-24-2006, 06:33 PM
That's a nice glove Brett. How much did you have to pay for it?

imlemonysnicket
01-24-2006, 06:55 PM
The lot went for $17 - it came with a Tru Sport catchers mitt that needs to be relaced but isn't too bad.

cjw
11-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Hi folks...just joined the fourm and I am really enjoying reading all posts, especially those about vintage baseball items! I live in Toronto, Canada and while the city has a strong baseball history, it is difficult to find vintage baseball items here. I am a baseball fan stuck in a hockey-mad city! :) I lived in Ft. Lauderdale FL. for one year in the late 1990's and thoroughly enjoyed going to the Sunrise swap shop each week....found many great items. Wonder if that place is still in operation?

I do have a question about the baseball glove "Pocket Price Guide". Who is is published by, and where would one find a copy?

Thanks!

chris

slidekellyslide
11-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Chris, here is a link to an ebay auction for the guide.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2005-Vintage-Baseball-Glove-Pocket-Price-Guide_W0QQitemZ260047643027QQihZ016QQcategoryZ2794 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cjw
11-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Awesome..thanks!