PDA

View Full Version : 1999 All Star Game Jerseys

Canseco44
08-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Does anyone know the difference between the actual game jerseys used in the game and the retail versions sold on TV during the game. Are there any differences? I would love to see if anyone has any photos of game jerseys from the game or photos of any sold. I would like to know if the tagging is different or if there are any ways to tell the difference. Thanks in advance for any help. You guys do a great job here. I only wish I had found the site a couple of years ago.

Thanks, Todd Ricks

Canseco44
08-15-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm sorry, the jerseys I am reffering to are the pre-game/HR derby jerseys. The one that look like the Turn Ahead the Clock jerseys from that year. I have a retail one and a one that is said to be an actual game jersey. The only differences I can see is on the back of the size tag in the neck it has 506 printed in blue ink. The retail one does not have this. The other difference is on the same tag, the retail one has a small hole where the retail tags would have been attached by one of those plastic tags. The game jersey does not have any type of hole. I know these are not major thing, but have been told that there may not have been any differences in these jerseys. I have read the thread about the Gwynn jersey on this site but that didn't help a whole lot. If anyone has any info please let me know.

Thanks, Todd

Canseco44
08-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Maybe one of the jersey experts here can help. The jersey I am questioning is a Canseco Game Issued jersey from the 1999 All Star game. I know hw didn't play, but there was still a jersey made for him. I have a replica and there is one on ebay right now(which is claimed to be game worn). The difference in the two replicas and the "game issued" one is the number on the back of the neck tag and it also has the word RAYS on the back of the neck instead of an actual stingray. I also asked Jose's agent and he confirmed that the game issued jersey I have is indeed the real one. I would just like to know if anyone else knows anything about these jerseys.

Thanks, Todd

GrndSlm
08-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Todd, in my opinion, this jersey is a retail piece. All the player jerseys that I have seen have the numerical size tagging. The retail jerseys have the letter taggings of S, M, L, XL, XXL.

Hope this helps.

Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com