X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hblakewolf
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Ebay Jordan 1994 Sox Jersey

As an avid Michae Jordan game worn baseball equipment collector, I've been fortunate enough to obtain a complete White Sox outfit worn by Jordan at Spring Trining, 1994. It includes his black pre-game jersey, grey panst, shoes, hat, wristbands/batting gloves and several bats. I'm still seeking a game worn helmet.

Several of his "game worn" jerseys have surfaced, however, it's interesting to note that Jordan never wore a home, road or black alternate jersey (only wore BP's during spring training) for the White Sox except for one game in 1994, the Windy City Cassic (and a photo shoot for Upper Deck)

Currently on ebay is a "game worn 1994 Jordan black alternate from this specific game":

The seller specifically notes the following:There are Jordan basketball gamers available, however, his baseball jerseys are few and far between. The significance in this is its rarity and that it is a 1994 jersey with the 125th MLB Anniversary patch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	25225.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	640037

Name:	JORD 2.jpg
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	717139

As most advanced Jordan baseball equipment collectors are aware, Jordan's jersey in the 1994 Windy City Classic was VOID of the 125th patch! Interesting that the seller specifically makes note that his has the patch, when every available photo demonstrates the lack of such a patch! Furthermore, the position of the N to the 5 on the back of the shirt is completely diffeent than photos of Jordan at this special game.

The seller was emailed with this information, however, no reply has been received as of this posting.

FYI

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
  • skipcareyisfat
    • Nov 2005

Re: Ebay Jordan 1994 Sox Jersey

Good points and all, Howard, but at that price why not take the risk?
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Comment

• gr8soxfan
      Banned
      • Feb 2007

No Patch at all.
      Here's Jordan in a home White pin stipe jersey

Comment

• gr8soxfan
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

This beckett was from April of 94

Comment

• karamaxjoe
          • Nov 2005

The home white is most likely a Birmingham Barons jersey.

Mike
          Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
          ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• hblakewolf
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by karamaxjoe
            The home white is most likely a Birmingham Barons jersey.

Mike
            The baseball card of Jordan in the home uniform was taken for the 1993 Upper Deck WHITE SOX TOP PROSPECTS card.

Note he is wearing #23. He wore #45 with the Sox, and also in Birmingham.

Again, Jordan did not wear a game jersey (only BP jersey) while with the Sox in 1994 at spring training. He did, however, wear the black alternate jersey for one day in 1994, during the Windy City Classic, as noted.

Howard Wolf
            hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• karamaxjoe
              • Nov 2005

Howard,
              What do you think the Becketts cover is from?

Mike
              Mike

~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• hblakewolf
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Another "Jordan White sox home gamer" currently on Ebay:

Can someone explain why a 1991 White Sox jersey (sleeve patch) has 1994 tagging? Also, if indeed it is from 1994, where is the 125th Anniversary sleeve patch?

Size 44? Wilson tag in the collar, yet the strip tag in the tail?

Jordan played one game in 1994 with the Sox, and wore the black alternate jersey void of the 125th patch. All other activity with the Sox in spring training saw him wearing his black mesh pre-game jersey.

The seller indicates in the description that it was obtained from the White Sox, yet when I questioned him, he notes, "Dear hblakewolf,
                My best friend works for the sox and got this jersey ditectly from MJ. Sorry for the confusion..."
                All of these issues were emailed to the seller, with the lone response noted above.

Possibly a Forum reader with knowledge of White Sox jerseys from this era can add to this thread.

Howard Wolf
                hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• otismalibu
                  • Nov 2005

I emailed that seller about his Barkley jersey a few weeks back, telling him it was a custom job with the wrong number style, IMO.
                  Greg
                  DrJStuff.com

Comment

• karamaxjoe
                    • Nov 2005

Howard,
                    The patch on the sleeve is not the 91 variety, but the correct Comiskey patch for 1994. The strip tag is also correct for a Wilson jersey from 1994.

The Wilson tag in the collar looks more like a retail tag and should be in the tail above the strip tag.

If I had to guess what this jersey is, I would say it was created for a photo shoot for Jordan or someone's creation.

Mike
                    Mike

~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• trsent
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2005

Re: eBay Jordan 1994 Sox Jersey

I have found that the one person who knows more about Chicago White Sox jerseys over their history than anyone would be Dave Miedema. You can email him at sox83cubs84@hotmail.com as he knows more about their tagging history than anyone I have ever dealt with.

Last year when I bought about 50 White Sox gamers from a former executive, Dave was more than helpful with his help in identifying the jerseys manufactures, tags and specifics.

I have no opinion on the Michael Jordan jersey in question, but even if the jersey was never worn, I would assume the team made up some jerseys for him hoping he would appear in a MLB game that season. That would make sense.

Comment

• hblakewolf
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2005

I've communicated for years with Dave Miedema, and we discussed this particular jersey today.

I am fortunate enough to own Jordan's 1994 pre-game jersey, and the tagging is shown below.

Name:	Dscf2356.jpg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	643003

Although my jersey is a Russell, it's hard to believe Jordan could wear a size 44 in any brand for the 1994 season.

Based on known White Sox gamers, Dave said "no way" to the shirt in question, simply based on the size 44.

Howard Wolf
                        hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• kingjammy24
                          • Nov 2005

see this post:

for spring training 1994, the sox placed an order, for jordan, for 2 home jerseys. 46+2. the order sheet also specified that the MLB 125 patch be added to all jerseys. in 94 then, the white ordered and presumably received two 46+2, #45, jordan home jerseys with the 125 patch. i wonder whatever happened to them.

the tagging on howard's black alt is consistent with the format shown on the white sox russell order sheet.

for most of the 90s, the sox used both wilson and russell for their home, road, and alt jerseys. players wore whatever they felt like. in a single game, you'd have half the team in russell and the other have in wilson.

mike: on 1994 baseball gamers, what distinguishes a retail wilson tag from a pro wilson tag?

rudy.

Comment

• karamaxjoe
                            • Nov 2005

Rudy,
                            Since the style of Wilson tag on the Jordan jersey didn't match the correct Wilson tag for that era, I was making an educated guess.

What's your opinion on the Jordan Wilson tag? The White Sox hadn't used any type of collar tag since 1981 and the Jordan Wilson tag doesn't look like a pro jersey tag.

Mike
                            Mike

~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• G1X
                              • Nov 2005

Does anyone have any information about the Beckett cover with Jordan wearing the #23 white home pinstripe Russell jersey?

Mark Hayne
                              Gridiron Exchange
                              gixc@verizon.net

Comment

Working...