Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RKGIBSON
    • Mar 2006

New Nfl Pickups

I picked up a Joseph Addai, used vs the Bills, 11-12-06.
    This jersey has something I have not seen before. On each shoulder there is a double sided tape attached. This jersey came directly from the player and was not washed.

Roger
    Attached Files
  • B1SON
    • May 2007

Re: New Nfl Pickups

Nice pick up. How did you manage to be able to buy it directly from him???
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    sigpic

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Comment

• RKGIBSON
      • Mar 2006

An aquaintance, and fellow collector, met Addai in college and has stayed in touch. He has some access to the college players in the south. I have got 3 good jersey from him, including this one, that he gets from the players directly. He provides me with pictures of the players with the jersey.
      Photo's attached, Cadillac & White.

I have also had good luck just in everyday business putting it out there that I collect. I have got 2 directly from a executive at the Jags, a Taylor and Brunell.

I got 2 jerseys recently by writing a letter to a ex-pro player that coaches at a major college. I met him while taking my son to football camps back n th mid 90's.

There are no deals here I have to offer them enough to make it worth their time, but they are all real and that is the bottom line with me.

Roger
      Attached Files

Comment

• 34swtns
        • Apr 2006

More awesome examples of what we've come to expect from RKG.

Comment

• B1SON
          • May 2007

Yes, very nice. NO question on authenticity there.
          sigpic

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
            • Apr 2007

Nice! I like the Brunell and Taylor jerseys especially! Nice to see some Jags stuff!

Comment

• DrJ
              • Nov 2005

Nice jerseys. Here are two of my recent pickups. Sean Taylor and Matt Hasselbeck helmets. The Hasselbeck was sold as 2006, but if you look closely (doesn't show up in the pictures) you can see the outline of what appears to be the 2005 superbowl logo that was once attached on back.
              Attached Files

Comment

• aeneas01
                • May 2007

Originally posted by DrJ
                Nice jerseys. Here are two of my recent pickups. Sean Taylor and Matt Hasselbeck helmets. The Hasselbeck was sold as 2006, but if you look closely (doesn't show up in the pictures) you can see the outline of what appears to be the 2005 superbowl logo that was once attached on back.
                nice lids - if you don't mind me asking, where did you find them? and would you mind posting more photos of them?
                robert

Comment

• DrJ
                  • Nov 2005

These are game exclusives with team coa's. I'm in a hurry at this moment, but I'll try to do more pics for you later. thanks.

Comment

• RKGIBSON
                    • Mar 2006

I have been working on this deal for a while and finally got it done and received the following items from Lionel James today. He played for the Chargers from 1984 to 1988. He was a great running back out of Auburn.
                    1988 Chargers home jersey
                    2 presentation footballs.
                    USFL football from the first USFL game played in Birmingham. Lionel was running back coach for the Thunderbolts then.
                    He wrote me letters on each item. It feels like Christmas!

Roger
                    Attached Files

Comment

• DrJ
                      • Nov 2005

Very nice "Little Train" items, I wish I could make contacts like that.

Aeneas, here are a couple more pictures. I knew up front that the Hasselbeck chinstrap wasn't his normal one - just FYI. Thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• RKGIBSON
                        • Mar 2006

I don't know what I was thinking when I called the XFL football a USFL, there is a little difference, sorry.

Dr J, nice helmets. Its good to have a direct from the team source. I have only bought a couple helmets, because most are remakes in my opinion. I have 2 that I got from Kevin Greene, his 99 training camp helmet, and a Mike Alstott that he got from Mike at the 99 Pro Bowl, they traded Pro Bowl helmets. Photos attached. I have more photo's if anyone wants to see more of these helmets.

The Alstott is autographed by the 99 Buc's Pro bowl players, Alstott, Sapp, Brooks, Nickerson & Mayberry.

It would be good to start a players helmet data base.

Roger
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Neely8
                          • Apr 2006

Wow, that is an awesome photomatch on the Addai.

Comment

• B1SON
                            • May 2007

I like to see some NFL discussion. Nice change of pace from the everyday baseball talk.
                            sigpic

Comment

• indyred
                              • May 2006

Anyone get anything new? Other than the Cutler and Bailey Captain jerseys sold on NFL.com have any teams sold any gamers from the this season yet?

Comment

Working...