Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Nfl Pickups

New Nfl Pickups

I picked up a Joseph Addai, used vs the Bills, 11-12-06.
    This jersey has something I have not seen before. On each shoulder there is a double sided tape attached. This jersey came directly from the player and was not washed.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: New Nfl Pickups

Nice pick up. How did you manage to be able to buy it directly from him???
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

An aquaintance, and fellow collector, met Addai in college and has stayed in touch. He has some access to the college players in the south. I have got 3 good jersey from him, including this one, that he gets from the players directly. He provides me with pictures of the players with the jersey.
    Photo's attached, Cadillac & White.

I have also had good luck just in everyday business putting it out there that I collect. I have got 2 directly from a executive at the Jags, a Taylor and Brunell.

I got 2 jerseys recently by writing a letter to a ex-pro player that coaches at a major college. I met him while taking my son to football camps back n th mid 90's.

There are no deals here I have to offer them enough to make it worth their time, but they are all real and that is the bottom line with me.

Roger

More awesome examples of what we've come to expect from RKG.

Yes, very nice. NO question on authenticity there.
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Nice! I like the Brunell and Taylor jerseys especially! Nice to see some Jags stuff!

Nice jerseys. Here are two of my recent pickups. Sean Taylor and Matt Hasselbeck helmets. The Hasselbeck was sold as 2006, but if you look closely (doesn't show up in the pictures) you can see the outline of what appears to be the 2005 superbowl logo that was once attached on back.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
    Nice jerseys. Here are two of my recent pickups. Sean Taylor and Matt Hasselbeck helmets. The Hasselbeck was sold as 2006, but if you look closely (doesn't show up in the pictures) you can see the outline of what appears to be the 2005 superbowl logo that was once attached on back.
    nice lids - if you don't mind me asking, where did you find them? and would you mind posting more photos of them?

These are game exclusives with team coa's. I'm in a hurry at this moment, but I'll try to do more pics for you later. thanks.

I have been working on this deal for a while and finally got it done and received the following items from Lionel James today. He played for the Chargers from 1984 to 1988. He was a great running back out of Auburn.
    1988 Chargers home jersey
    2 presentation footballs.
    USFL football from the first USFL game played in Birmingham. Lionel was running back coach for the Thunderbolts then.
    He wrote me letters on each item. It feels like Christmas!

Roger