Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs up Another JSA "Authentication Mistake" ?

This has been authenticated by JSA as an authentic Ken Griffey Jr. autograph.

In my opinion it is garbage.

http://www.bricolsportsauction.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=ItemDetails&Userid=0&Category =0&CategoryID=52&CategoryName=FEATURED%20ITEMS&Ite mID=12

Re: Another JSA "Authentication Mistake" ?

Sammy,

Have you contacted Bricol with your concerns? If so, what did they say?

I have had 100% success through the years in having Bricol pull items (football) where I could provide Brian with solid evidence that the item was not legitimate.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

Banned

Unlike equipment, which is verified via factual documentation, autographs are based on opinions.

Some people believe a JSA letter will make an item authentic.

Sammy,

If you feel that the signature doesn't look right and you have valid examples of Griffey's legitimate signature, then why not notify Brian? Include your examples and point out what you believe are the obvious differences in the signature. It's no different than questioning an equipment authenticator's opinion.

Brian may or may not drop the item, but in my experiences, he will listen and always investigate if it is brought to his attention. It's fine to point out things in this Forum (although I believe there are Forum rules on this matter that you have not followed), but nothing will change if you do not present your findings to the auction house.

My apologies if it sounds like I'm preaching, but it is Sunday morning.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

Banned

Here are fourteen, 100 percent without a doubt, Ken Griffey Jr. UDA autographs, and the one authenticated by JSA.

The game is, pick the questionable one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    Sammy,

If you feel that the signature doesn't look right and you have valid examples of Griffey's legitimate signature, then why not notify Brian? Include your examples and point out what you believe are the obvious differences in the signature. It's no different than questioning an equipment authenticator's opinion.

Brian may or may not drop the item, but in my experiences, he will listen and always investigate if it is brought to his attention.
    Hello Sammy,

I will need to agree with Mark on this point. Specifically, here is the forum rule regarding questioning items:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

This rule applies to any item whether it is a game used item, an autograph or a cartoon drawing. Given Brian at Bricol has proven to be responsive to item inquires, we will need to ask that you contact Brian and allow for a response if you would like this thread to remain on the site.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Banned

Brian has been contacted and referred to this site.

Some things are just plain obvious even to the novice.

It gets really old pointing out garbage from the so called leading hobby authentication experts, be it in game used material or autographs.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    Brian has been contacted and referred to this site.
    Sammy,

Thank you very much for contacting Brian. As Mark mentioned, I think there is a strong likelihood that he will look into it. Please let us know if you hear anything back as I'm sure collectors will appreciate any additional information regarding this item.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Looks like a Griffey Sr sig to me. with the exception of the J of course.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Banned

That's exactly right. That's his dad's autograph. I have many. Do you think someone added the Jr at the end? Crazy.
    Greg