Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Jersey

Aaron Jersey

Any thoughts on this AAron jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hank-Aaron-1975-...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Aaron Jersey

I checked the tagging against other exemplars, and it looks pretty good to me... but I am by far not a Brewers expert. You'll definitely need to consult someone with a little experience w/ Brewers uniforms.

I can't seem to get past the fact that the seller has 6 feedback with 87% positive.

The Brewers wore sand-knit jerseys in 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    I checked the tagging against other exemplars
    To clarify, the exemplars I was referring to was other Sand Knit jerseys of the same era. It has the correct tagging -- however, that all is thrown out the window if Sand Knit was not the manufacturer of 1975 Brewers jerseys. Brewersexpert, is that what you're saying?

the 1975 road on ebay is correct. the 1976 home is not correct. the brewers didnt wear wilson jerseys in 1976. sorry for the confussion

So is the concensus on this forum that the Brewers away Aaron jersey from 1975 was made by Sandknit and appears to be GU/Real?

Kevin

That shirt is a scam. It's a good shirt, but try getting a contact name and number for his company as well as ask him if he accepts paypal.. He'll tell you he wants a wire transfer of funds. It's also weird that the "ask seller a question is in the body of the listing. This allows him to capture yur e-mail so he can talk to you off of ebay. This shirt has been up before.....

Regards,
    Dave

Dave, thanks so much-YOu're right! I emailed the seller-he says he has the info on ebay_(LOA, etc).. He also said he would sell it to me for $1100-

Thanks-that's why I like this forum-it's one of the honest one's, and people (collectors) are very forthright to help others-

Jersey looks nice, but honestly, I have no idea! Also, I think the price would be much higher-and wouldn't you try to sell it here on GUU 1st? Then maybe an auction house-

Then ebay?

You saved me like Geico!!

Kevin

Banned

I inquired about using a credit card or PayPal to purchase. Seller didn't reply at all.

I personally would not send this person a dime. Either purchase via a credit card with overnight delivery, or pick up in person.

These are from his feedback.

THIEVES! DONT EXPECT 2 GET YOUR MONEY BACK OR A REFUND IF THE PART IS WRONG!Seller: killerkawasaki ( 23432)
    Apr-10-06 15:10 -- (#4625885745)--
    THIEVES! DONT EXPECT 2 GET YOUR MONEY BACK OR A REFUND IF THE PART IS WRONG!Seller: killerkawasaki ( 23432)
    Apr-10-06 15:08 -- (#4586160678)--
    THIEVES! Cust Serv consisted of calling me an idiot and not exchanging my part!Seller: killerkawasaki ( 23432)
    Apr-10-06 14:46 -- (#4626011878)--
    THIEVES! WORST EBAY STORE OUT THERE! I WAS TOLD THAT CUST SERV NOT A PRIORITY!Seller: killerkawasaki ( 23432)
    Apr-10-06 15:06

Good information guys - I reported this one to eBay via both phone and email today. The rep on the phone seemed very concerned and I've had good luck with them responding quickly in recent months. We'll see if it does any good.

Best,
    Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.