Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: My bad deal with Elite Sports Marketing

I have 2 but they aren't for sale.

I did some deals with Scot and Brad back when they were ASI (Authentic Sports Investments). Rickey Henderson sold them an incredible collection of his game used items, including some items from some of his historic and record breaking games. Incredible stuff. Some of the Rickey items from those days stayed in my private collection for a long time as they were the finest available.

Whenever I talked with Brad and Scot on the phone, they were nothing but nice and helpful. However, I was always incredibly disappointed with my items. For example, a pair of Rickey's Oakland A's cleats were described to me as heavily used, but they were as fresh and new as the day they left the factory. It was heck trying to get a refund. I also paid top dollar for some signatures, but they took forever to arrive (in one case, over a year) and they seldom turned out as I requested. Very disappointing. I finally gave up - just not worth it.

I wish you luck with your situation.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I know exactly what you are going through because I had the same thing happen to me. I had 2 Manny GU bats and I contacted Scot as soon as their add came out about the signing and maybe getting them signed and inscribed game used. He said it would be $500 to get them both signed inscribed and a signed LOA. I thought this was reasonable. I sent a check and just got the bats this Friday. At least I got my bats back but they had no holograms and no LOA's. I have had pretty good luck with Elite/ASI/ArodAuth in the past but this is by far the worst transaction I have had with them. Maybe it is hard working with Manny?

Jon,

I too have had problems with Scot. My problems were before he was Elite when he was ASI in the early stages. He reviewed with me the items he had and we made a verbal agreement on 12 Giambi game used A's bats, Kazuhiro Sasaki game worn cleats, and 2 Miguel Tejada bats. I got directions to his house and came with cash (the amount we agreed). Literally, 20 minutes later arriving at his home my first deal with Scot went sour. He re-negged on the entire deal and sold half the Giambi bats within the 20 minute span (AS I was driving to his place). The Sasaki Cleats were also sold right out underneath me. To make things even worse, he actually RAISED the price on the remaining Giambi bats! The only bat still available at the quoted price was ONE TEJADA BAT! I walked out making it clear to Scot that this story would be told and I would never do business with him again.

Ryan

Banned

What a piece of work this cat is? Who does he think he is? Man, I'll make sure I never do business with them!!!! Thats horrible business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    I did some deals with Scot and Brad back when they were ASI (Authentic Sports Investments). Rickey Henderson sold them an incredible collection of his game used items, including some items from some of his historic and record breaking games. Incredible stuff. Some of the Rickey items from those days stayed in my private collection for a long time as they were the finest available.

Reid
    Reid - I think that sale was in 2002. I got lucky and responded quickly on some of the historic items from the Rickey Henderson collection they had for sale and got the cleats from his 3001st hit game and some nice bats. They were great items as I always wanted Henderson cleats and the only cleats better would have been his record breaking steal cleats or run scoring record cleats or his 3,000th hit cleats.

Over the years I have received some excellent items like a photomatched Magglio Ordonez game used World Series bat from 2006 and some great Jose Guillen items and most recently Frank Thomas game used bats.

With that said, I have also had my share of problems including the WBC Pujols items I paid for that were never delivered last year---which I did get a refund for and a problem Palmeiro jersey which Scot took care of too and other issues included some mis-described bats too.

Yes, I have raised my blood pressure on several occassions dealing with Scot. I won't even discuss here the drama regarding that Bonds/ARod show in New York City a few years ago!

Jon, I haven't talked to Scot in a month or so but I will call him on his cellphone and try to reach out to him and lets hope in the end you can Post here that this was resolved.

In a strange twist of irony, there is an old post on Ken Golem that is now current again with a Post from Scot to Golem on Post # 14

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...9904#post49904

-You are a 100 % flat out liar. I have 2 bounced checks that you never made good on. Do you think people are stupid on this forum??
    Andrew

Wow.....tough read here guys/gals......I am glad there are forums like this and helpfuly information/experiences........I was going to purchase more items from Elite as well as they supposedly work quite a bit with the Detroit Tigers players.....guess I can scratch them off my list as well as Lampson and the other fakes/cheaters/liars and just plain bad dealers out there screwing us collectors over. Sorry to hear about everyone's bad experiences......

Hi, Andrew...

Thanks for your post. The Rickey Henderson game used jerseys, bats, and equipment they received were INCREDIBLE and the acquisition was all the talk amongst Rickey collectors. I was able to land 10 or so of the better bats, several of which came from Rick Radtke who had purchased a large lot from them. I remember Scot telling me that Rickey was still holding on to a lot of his top items and that he was planning another deal with him, but that was quite a while ago now. I had terrible luck with ASI, but they did bring some terrific items to the market.

As for the quote you listed about Golem, I followed the link but did not see it. Was the post removed? Or am I missing something? I think you'll appreciate the post I just added to the Golem thread.

Thanks,
    Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Hi, Andrew...

As for the quote you listed about Golem, I followed the link but did not see it. Was the post removed? Or am I missing something? I think you'll appreciate the post I just added to the Golem thread.

Thanks,
    Reid
    By the way, I did leave Scot a voicemail message this morning on his cellphone.

Reid - I copied the full text over from the Golem thread---

05-24-2007, 06:26 PM
    Elite

Re: Buyer Beware All Please Read Impostant
    You are a 100 % flat out liar. I have 2 bounced checks that you never made good on. Do you think people are stupid on this forum?? You have screwed my company and plenty of others. you have no proof that you made good. Just to clarify you received merchandise from elite and bounced two checks and have never ever send payment to make good.
    I have called your local poice andthey said I have to send you a certified letter. So lets make this legal. You will be receiving a certified letter. Lets see you lie to the police in your home town.

Andrew,

Thanks, I must have missed that post. Is it possible that the police in his home town are not already aware of Golem? I wonder what became of that. When you talk to Scot, ask him what happened, okay?

Best,
    Reid