Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My bad deal with Elite Sports Marketing

As some of you may know Elite has signed Manny Ramirez to a game used contract.They started advertising this in the beginning of May saying that they had a June 26th signing where they would be getting a heap of game used equipment.Being the huge Manny fan i am i immediately contacted Scot Monette the presidend of Elite to inquire.I was offered a pre pay price on a 07 game used and autographed Sam bat which i made payment for on May 15th.I was actually invited up to Boston by Scot to the hotel where the signing was taking place to pick out my bat and peruse all the other game used items.I was suppose to meet him on June 26th but thankfully couldn't make it as there was no game used anyway.At this point i was mostly impressed with my dealings with Scot.He told me on July 12th that the last signing was that week and i would get my bat shortly thereafter.I emailed him a few days after that to incquire about my bat and thats when it started going downhill.His answers(if any at all)were very short and vague saying that the signing would be"any day now".Well i sat for a couple weeks and heard that indeed the last signing happened right before the National in Cleveland at the end of July and i patiently waited for Scot to get back to his offices to inquire when my bat was gonna be shipped.This was August 5th.I get an answer the next day saying that he had my bat and it will be shipped 2 days later and that i'd love it.Well needless to say that day came and went and i got nothing.So again i emailed Scot pretty sternly asking for a refund as i was sick and tired of the ignored emails dates that came and went.And excuses like Manny's character was part of the problem(which i can see to a point).I also told him i was gonna write this letter if i didn't get the truth.Last email i got from him was on August 14th saying to please give him one more day and don't write a letter to the forum.He stated that he didn't have my bat and that it was in Boston still but was gonna take care of it and send me some pics.Well 3 ignored emails later here i am empty handed with no idea whats going on and 700$+ in the hole.

If he chooses to post here please know that i have all emails between he and i for this whole deal.And can prove everything i claim here without a doubt.

This is just a fraction of our correspondence.He is literally ignoring me at this point.I'm contacting my credit card company and the Better Business Bureau of South Florida because he refuses to give me the bat he says he has or the refund that i have asked for at least 3 times now.Really to bad because a lot of you know how much Manny stuff i go after as does Scot.So he just lost a big customer.
    Jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Re: My bad deal with Elite Sports Marketing

That is terrible, but unfortunately i can believe it. Scot at ESM was helpful to me in the past with responding to quesitions, but lately the i cant buy a response. i am seriously interested in buying things and he simply doesnt return my emails. I feel bad that you already prepaid for the bats, and good luck getting your money back because most likely he doesnt have your bats. Every since mario and matt left ESM it has been a mess. This is just my opinion, but i dont feel its a stretch from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield11 View Post
    Every since mario and matt left ESM it has been a mess.
    Very true!

Banned

I deal with a gentleman named Ted at Elite as I had been having problems with Scot as well (responding to my e-mails mostly). Ted though has been nothing but wonderful and helpful in every way. E-mail me at davegameguy@yahoo.ca if you would like his personal e-mail address (not an elite account).

Dave

they are a poor memorabilia company and all they care about is getting paid. They got your money so why should they reply to your e-mails? They cant even mark thier memorabilia right. I bought a "2001" signed game used ricky gutierrez bat and when i got the bat on the end was a manufactures date of 2002? Thats simply not possible. So i'm not suprised you are having trouble with them and i wish you the best in the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by XPFO View Post
    I deal with a gentleman named Ted at Elite as I had been having problems with Scot as well (responding to my e-mails mostly). Ted though has been nothing but wonderful and helpful in every way. E-mail me at davegameguy@yahoo.ca if you would like his personal e-mail address (not an elite account).

Dave
    I agree.The one email i git from Ted was probably the best i got but still no bat.I will keep this thread updated to what happens.
    jon

I was wondering about Elites reputation.I have seen them a lot on ebay.That really sucks. If I was in there position I would refund you a part of the money and send you the bat.That would be good buisness sense but that is me..Good Luck with the bat and I might be hitting you up with some Manny bat questions in the near future because I am interested in obtaining one..

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    I was wondering about Elites reputation.I have seen them a lot on ebay.That really sucks. If I was in there position I would refund you a part of the money and send you the bat.That would be good buisness sense but that is me..Good Luck with the bat and I might be hitting you up with some Manny bat questions in the near future because I am interested in obtaining one..
    Thats basically what i told Scot would make me happy at this point.The bat and maybe like 100$.We'll see.Email me anytime with Manny questions.
    Jon

Thanks and just so you know I hope to have a David Wright collection like your Manny's someday

do you have any wright bats for sale?