Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Mastro Jordan Fraud Story in NY Daily News

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    It has 114 posts on the vintage baseball forum
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/15365...Mastro+and+FBI
    It's amazing that another forum posts more about this topic than the forum that actually helped break the story.

keywords: steiner, a-rod, manram, photo-match, sam-bat.

Quote Originally Posted by jdwtn View Post
    interesting info, didn't see that in the article, guess you have "inside info", will wait to see how it unfolds....

It's interesting how there are only two companies that are deemed reliable sources for issuing LOA's. How can anyone be assured that anything game worn is legit?
    Jdwtn-

I never heard back from you regarding your post. I sent an email to the address you registered with. I wanted to confirm your registration information.

I was going to also point out an amazing coincidence-

Your forum user name Jdtwn is remarkably similar to Jdowntown2001 which is Eric Inselberg's ebay user name.

Eric, we would love to hear your comments about this whole situation and your thoughts on the controversy with the Ranzino Smith/Michael Jordan shirt.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Has anyone looked to see if there is a relationship between Mr Lampson and Mr Eric Inselberg? May be worth a look...

Jdwtn-

I never heard back from you regarding your post. I sent an email to the address you registered with. I wanted to confirm your registration information.

I was going to also point out an amazing coincidence-

Your forum user name Jdtwn is remarkably similar to Jdowntown2001 which is Eric Inselberg's ebay user name.

Eric, we would love to hear your comments about this whole situation and your thoughts on the controversy with the Ranzino Smith/Michael Jordan shirt.
    Glad to see that i am a highlight of your discussions, had the screen name for years, see it's been read into.
    sorry to disappoint you all, but not eric, an avid collector who found this article interesting and made a comment, since you seem to have much time on your hands, sure you could figure a way to reach him. Your barking up the wrong tree with me. Since you have claimed to be the reason why the aritcle is posted and it is mentioned in the paper, would think you would want outsiders to respond, appears not.

Quote Originally Posted by jdwtn View Post
    Glad to see that i am a highlight of your discussions, had the screen name for years, see it's been read into.
    sorry to disappoint you all, but not eric, an avid collector who found this article interesting and made a comment, since you seem to have much time on your hands, sure you could figure a way to reach him. Your barking up the wrong tree with me. Since you have claimed to be the reason why the aritcle is posted and it is mentioned in the paper, would think you would want outsiders to respond, appears not.
    I don't really understand your response. I would love to hear your take on the story. Everyone is welcome to post here.

I also assume you mean you've had the screen name for years elsewhere, because you just registered this week here.

Very often on this site I email new users to make sure everyone is registering with proper information from valid email addresses.

All I was doing was pointing out that a tremendous coincidence.
    1- You registered as jdwtn
    2- jdowntown2001 on ebay is Inselberg's account as confirmed by ebay

If this is Eric, or if you know Eric, we'd welcome him to help comment on this story. In the Daily News piece, he claimed to have sold the Ranzino Smith jersey at a show. He must be truly outraged that the person he sold it to may have been responsible for doctoring an item and selling it as something else.

That goes for anyone, really, If anyone knows him, please invite him to come on here and participate in help finding out who could have done something like this.

All I was doing was pointing out that a tremendous coincidence.
    1- You registered as jdwtn
    2- jdwtn2001 on ebay is Inselberg's account as confirmed by ebay
    Couldn't find jdwtn2001 on eBay. Found the previous eBay ID jdowntown2001 you mentioned in your other post.

http://myworld.ebay.com/jdowntown2001/

eBay Member User ID History
    The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay. User ID Effective Date End Date
    jdowntown2001 Jun-17-99 Present

Sorry- that was a typo on my part

The ebay user id is jdowntown2001

Banned

I just love this quote in regard to Mastro's and Doug Allens' dubious statements.

leon
    (Premier Login leonl)
    Forum Owner: another feather in Mastro's cap

August 19 2007, 9:49 AM
    Once again they did the right thing by pulling an auction item...Kudos for them....Doug is a class act and honest person and this once again proves it....thanks again for posting the article.... I knew that NY Daily News and Michael O'keefe, would do the right thing and print good stuff too .....

Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post
    Once again they did the right thing by pulling an auction item...Kudos for them....Doug is a class act and honest person and this once again proves it....thanks again for posting the article.... I knew that NY Daily News and Michael O'keefe, would do the right thing and print good stuff too .....
    This cat named Leon is a shill for Mastro. He embarrases me.

I am offering $5,000 for a University of North Carolina Joe Wolf, road blue game used jersey. Made by Medalist Sand Knit, size 46, not unlike this one:

Is says in the article that the Chicago FBI office is doing an investigation. I am sure they are talking to sweet Lou Lampson about his LOA for the warm up jersey.

Is there a forum member here that has all the info on the bogus LOA's that Lou has written(Green Ripken & others) that they could forward to the Chicago FBI office? This may be THE BEST time to have someone look into his deals and right all his wrongs.

Just a thought