Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Mastro Jordan Fraud Story in NY Daily News

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I don't really understand your response. I would love to hear your take on the story. Everyone is welcome to post here.

I also assume you mean you've had the screen name for years elsewhere, because you just registered this week here.

Very often on this site I email new users to make sure everyone is registering with proper information from valid email addresses.

All I was doing was pointing out that a tremendous coincidence.
    1- You registered as jdwtn
    2- jdowntown2001 on ebay is Inselberg's account as confirmed by ebay

If this is Eric, or if you know Eric, we'd welcome him to help comment on this story. In the Daily News piece, he claimed to have sold the Ranzino Smith jersey at a show. He must be truly outraged that the person he sold it to may have been responsible for doctoring an item and selling it as something else.

That goes for anyone, really, If anyone knows him, please invite him to come on here and participate in help finding out who could have done something like this.
    Just curious if there is an update about this.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Just curious if there is an update about this.
    I haven't heard back from this user. I welcome a response.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Of course Mastro knows who their consignor is, as the consignor wants to get paid at some point they would have filled out consignment paperwork.

There's no consignor-client privilege here that I am aware of. If Mastro wants to find out what is really going on, Mastro should post the name of the consignor at this point.

Andrew
    MY take is that Mastro could easily help protect their reputation to a large degree by divulging the identity of the consignor. Given that they have not done that, it might be reasonable to conclude that they have a significant relationship with the consignor, and that more damage would be self-inflicted by revealing the name of the consignor.

Quote Originally Posted by gridman80 View Post
    MY take is that Mastro could easily help protect their reputation to a large degree by divulging the identity of the consignor. Given that they have not done that, it might be reasonable to conclude that they have a significant relationship with the consignor, and that more damage would be self-inflicted by revealing the name of the consignor.
    It would also be nice to know the consignor's consigning history. What other items have they consigned? Have they consigned to other auction houses?

Here's what Doug Allen said about the consignor....

"The person who consigned the Jordan shirt gave us a few things in 2003
    and nothing since then. It is my opinion that he purchased the shirt
    thinking it was good. That is all I am at liberty to say about him."
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

I know the guy who runs mastro. Trust me, he is not a bad person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplankrazies View Post
    I know the guy who runs mastro. Trust me, he is not a bad person.
    Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplankrazies View Post
    Trust me.
    I don't think anyone said Mastro is run by bad people. Are you aware of the facts surrounding the Jordan shooting shirt? They ignored the research of MEARS and used the opinion of Lou "yes-man" Lampson. You might want to read the Daily News article. It's kinda interesting.

Yes I know it does not make sense. I wonder why he did this.

Yes I know it does not make sense. I wonder why he did this.
    Because he stood to make thousands of dollars from the sale of the altered shirt, which he knew was altered. Since you know him, ask him why a company that has been in business for years has to establish a "code of conduct/ethics" policy. If they had one to begin with they would not be involved in this mess.