Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: September pick-ups

September Cardinal bat acquisitions, these are NFS.: Brendan Ryan, Kelly Stinnett, Red Schoendienst, Solly Hemus and Preston Wilson. Also picked up an autographed Red Sox Phil Clark and a Dodgers John Cummings.

Don
    woodbat@bellsouth.net
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nice with the ol' Solly Hemus bat. Solly was the Jacksonville Suns manager when I was a kid. He was managing there in '66 when I saw Tom Seaver pitch against the Rochester Red Wings. Seaver, at the time, was a much heralded young phenom who became a Met after a strange lottery. He was huge news even at 21. Hemus had a few good years in the early 50s with St. Louis.

After years of searching I was finally able to add a St Patrick's Day Twins spring training jersey to my collection. Of a pretty good Twin too, Greg Gagne.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Here is the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Speaking of St Patty's day jerseys, I also picked up a Dodgers St Patrick's day jersey at a silent auction at Dodger Stadium which I would imagine from 2007 as it has no name on the back and the number is 79...the Dodgers just said it was a minor league player...

It has proper tagging 0063...

Does anyone know who wore number 79 in spring training for the Dodgers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I haven't been able to pin it down.

Holy Grail nominee.. and a Sept pick-up. '86 Dykstra post season jersey. A final look and hopefully a little luck to pass through to 2007.

I don't have any photos to post, but I'm very happy about a couple of jersey pickups I made earlier this month.

I'm a huge Matt Williams fan, so after he went to fill in as Manager for the last month or two of the DBacks' AA Mobile BayBears' season, after Brett Butler suffered a stroke, I got to thinking about whether I might be able to get my hands on one of his uniform jerseys when the season ended.

I emailed the team, before the season was over, asking that I be contacted if they had a team-used jersey sale or auction, as a lot of minor league teams will do, but never heard back from them. Shortly after the season ended, I saw on the BayBears website that they were selling the team's 2007 game-used jerseys, and they listed the ones still available - of course Matty's was not among them...it had already been sold.

Early the next morning, I called Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile and spoke with a young lady, who took my credit card order for pitching coach Dan Carlson's jersey. I told her about my earlier email, and that I was really disappointed not to have had an opportunity to get ahold of one of Matty's jerseys.

A couple of minutes after we hung up, she called back. She had spoken to somebody else in the organization, and had been advised that they still had two of Matty's BayBears jerseys; the white home jersey had been sold, and Matty had taken the red one with him...but they had his white vest-style jersey, and a blue BP jersey that they'd also worn as an alternate uniform. I was thrilled, of course, and asked her to send both of those along to me, in addition to the Carlson jersey.

Matty does one or two signings a year here in the Phoenix area, where he still lives - as a broadcaster for, and part owner of, the Diamondbacks - and I can't wait for him to see these great jerseys and get him to sign them for me.

Back to my St Patrick's Day Dodgers Jersey...it would have to be from 2006 as every 2007 example I've seen had a name on the back, at least for the 40 man roster.

Help me out here, I'm sure that there are those who post here that went to Spring Training in Florida and would know if the only the 40 man Dodger Roster had names or if all who played in a game did?

Otherwise the jersey would be from 2006...

I will be going to Vero Beach this year and maybe I will get an answer then. But it sure would be nice to know sooner!!!
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Great story on the Williams jersey.Bret Butler had a stroke wow...