X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allstarsplus
    • Nov 2005

Re: Mastro Jordan Fraud Story in NY Daily News

Originally posted by Eric

All I was doing was pointing out that a tremendous coincidence.
    1- You registered as jdwtn
    2- jdwtn2001 on ebay is Inselberg's account as confirmed by ebay
    Couldn't find jdwtn2001 on eBay. Found the previous eBay ID jdowntown2001 you mentioned in your other post.

Follow jdowntown2001 on eBay. Buying, Selling, Collecting on eBay has never been more exciting!

eBay Member User ID History
    The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay. User ID Effective Date End Date
    jdowntown2001 Jun-17-99 Present
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Comment

• Eric
      • Jan 1970

Sorry- that was a typo on my part

The ebay user id is jdowntown2001
      Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• sammy
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

I just love this quote in regard to Mastro's and Doug Allens' dubious statements.

leon
        (Premier Login leonl)
        Forum Owner: another feather in Mastro's cap

August 19 2007, 9:49 AM
        Once again they did the right thing by pulling an auction item...Kudos for them....Doug is a class act and honest person and this once again proves it....thanks again for posting the article.... I knew that NY Daily News and Michael O'keefe, would do the right thing and print good stuff too .....

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by leon
          Once again they did the right thing by pulling an auction item...Kudos for them....Doug is a class act and honest person and this once again proves it....thanks again for posting the article.... I knew that NY Daily News and Michael O'keefe, would do the right thing and print good stuff too .....
          This cat named Leon is a shill for Mastro. He embarrases me.

I am offering $5,000 for a University of North Carolina Joe Wolf, road blue game used jersey. Made by Medalist Sand Knit, size 46, not unlike this one:

Comment

• PK
            • Feb 2006

Is says in the article that the Chicago FBI office is doing an investigation. I am sure they are talking to sweet Lou Lampson about his LOA for the warm up jersey.

Is there a forum member here that has all the info on the bogus LOA's that Lou has written(Green Ripken & others) that they could forward to the Chicago FBI office? This may be THE BEST time to have someone look into his deals and right all his wrongs.

Just a thought

Comment

• sportscentury
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Eric
              I don't really understand your response. I would love to hear your take on the story. Everyone is welcome to post here.

I also assume you mean you've had the screen name for years elsewhere, because you just registered this week here.

Very often on this site I email new users to make sure everyone is registering with proper information from valid email addresses.

All I was doing was pointing out that a tremendous coincidence.
              1- You registered as jdwtn
              2- jdowntown2001 on ebay is Inselberg's account as confirmed by ebay

If this is Eric, or if you know Eric, we'd welcome him to help comment on this story. In the Daily News piece, he claimed to have sold the Ranzino Smith jersey at a show. He must be truly outraged that the person he sold it to may have been responsible for doctoring an item and selling it as something else.

That goes for anyone, really, If anyone knows him, please invite him to come on here and participate in help finding out who could have done something like this.
              Just curious if there is an update about this.
              Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• Eric
                • Jan 1970

Originally posted by sportscentury
                Just curious if there is an update about this.
                I haven't heard back from this user. I welcome a response.
                Eric

Comment

• gridman80
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                  Of course Mastro knows who their consignor is, as the consignor wants to get paid at some point they would have filled out consignment paperwork.

There's no consignor-client privilege here that I am aware of. If Mastro wants to find out what is really going on, Mastro should post the name of the consignor at this point.

Andrew
                  MY take is that Mastro could easily help protect their reputation to a large degree by divulging the identity of the consignor. Given that they have not done that, it might be reasonable to conclude that they have a significant relationship with the consignor, and that more damage would be self-inflicted by revealing the name of the consignor.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by gridman80
                    MY take is that Mastro could easily help protect their reputation to a large degree by divulging the identity of the consignor. Given that they have not done that, it might be reasonable to conclude that they have a significant relationship with the consignor, and that more damage would be self-inflicted by revealing the name of the consignor.
                    It would also be nice to know the consignor's consigning history. What other items have they consigned? Have they consigned to other auction houses?

Comment

• Eric
                      • Jan 1970

Here's what Doug Allen said about the consignor....

"The person who consigned the Jordan shirt gave us a few things in 2003
                      and nothing since then. It is my opinion that he purchased the shirt
                      thinking it was good. That is all I am at liberty to say about him."

Comment

• Kaplankrazies
                        • Aug 2007

I know the guy who runs mastro. Trust me, he is not a bad person.

Comment

• chakes89
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Kaplankrazies
                          I know the guy who runs mastro. Trust me, he is not a bad person.
                          Prove it.
                          I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Kaplankrazies
                            Trust me.
                            I don't think anyone said Mastro is run by bad people. Are you aware of the facts surrounding the Jordan shooting shirt? They ignored the research of MEARS and used the opinion of Lou "yes-man" Lampson. You might want to read the Daily News article. It's kinda interesting.

Comment

• Kaplankrazies
                              • Aug 2007

Yes I know it does not make sense. I wonder why he did this.

Comment

• jdr3
                                • Nov 2005

Yes I know it does not make sense. I wonder why he did this.
                                Because he stood to make thousands of dollars from the sale of the altered shirt, which he knew was altered. Since you know him, ask him why a company that has been in business for years has to establish a "code of conduct/ethics" policy. If they had one to begin with they would not be involved in this mess.

Comment

Working...