Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Brett Favre game used on eBay

of course i was talking about rkgibson's jersey as i already have a fine sample of the other "style" already that i aquired befor guu and with a lou lampshady! holla-4-A-dolla! c.o.a. i woundn't give a rat's a** for the one listed on ebay. no offense to the seller,but he should have known better as long as he's been a member. my mother can cut/hem mine up for me, but it don't make it legit! even with the sterling fine c.o.ahhh?

But...

this jersey was obtained through an impeccable source.

Banned

The ebay one appears to have elastic in the cut hem of the waist, every other jersey done similarly that I've seen has been challenged on these boards.

Has elastic ever been legitimately used by a team for a modified player's jersey?

there definitely are a lot of players that use elastic at the waist...If anyone wants to send me a PM I can help them more specifically...

I hate posting too much info here sometimes because I think that guys who turn the pro-cuts into the game used stuff might get ideas from here

As far as Favre goes...all the ones that you see in these auctions without customizations are garbage!!!!...The auction houses have been contacted about it, but nothing ends up happening....same excuse as always, "Lou likes it"...my response to them has been that Lou doesn't have a clue and then it stops there....

also don't fall for the velcro trick that a lot of evil people were throwing on Favre's and Marino's

Look at these from American Memorabilia and with letters from Brett Favre.

The first link has the jersey autographed by Favre 'game used' with the Reebok label high on the sleeve. I looked at Getty Images and didn't see any of these but Favre wrote game used. Confusing.

The second link has the elastic waist and is being held by Favre. I tend to have more faith in this one but again the previous jersey is noted game used supposidly by Favre

I don't even have an opinion on the other Favre jerseys from their past/closed auctions.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=36776

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=21713

Lund6771 - send me your email to jschuette@russell.com

the inscription on the 1st jersey is forged that's why they have'nt seen that befor he doesn't writes the inscription in sentence form. it's not brett's writing. and the c.o.a only authenticates the autograph. on all farve jersey's signed game used almost alway's comes like in the 2nd auction. picture of him with the jersey w.hologram , usally the stat's from the game and the c.o.a. states the same thing as the jersey.

Here is what a Favre game used cert looks like. My jersey was used vs the Rams 1-20-2002.

The length in that era seems to vary some. I have not seen any I thought had elastic in the tail.

Many NFL teams used elastic in the tails. I started noticing it being used a lot in 2003. It was used in the sleeves for years, early 80 I know. If you want to see different style LMK.

On other thing, I'm not sure if Lund was saying Marino never used velcro on his tail or if he was saying it is a trick to make a non-gamer look real. I have a 1998 Marino that was used on 10-25-1998. I has strips of velcro on the tail. I purchased this jersey at the 2005 Super Bowl auction from the NFL and have photo matched it. Photo of tail attached.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by zonker View Post
    the inscription on the 1st jersey is forged that's why they have'nt seen that befor he doesn't writes the inscription in sentence form. it's not brett's writing. and the c.o.a only authenticates the autograph. on all farve jersey's signed game used almost alway's comes like in the 2nd auction. picture of him with the jersey w.hologram , usally the stat's from the game and the c.o.a. states the same thing as the jersey.

It matches up with other Favre writing especially the "G" and "d" in Game used......PSA also passed the inscription....

psa is not perfect. why would they need to authenticate it anyway when it comes with a favre c.o.a? you know just the one for for the autograph. why would favre sign a jersey that he know's was not custom made for him ,can't be photo matched to any game ,in 2002 doesn't come with a favre game used c.o.a. as the "autograph" and the "game used" are 2 completely differant c.o.a.'s , just as the 2003 can't be photo matched, just look's like the right hem job,has logo problem's etc. if and when the buyer figures out it's not what he think it is and put's it back up for sale if you feel comfortable with the g and the d looking good by all mean's buy it same for the 2003. contact favre through his web site, send pic's and ask his opion on either of them and if he think's it was worn by him. i'm taking bet's they both fail or he already would have his c.o.a. with them and if you lose it you can get a replacement by sending the jersey back to him and have him examine it. why somebody else's, so it would look legit my guess!