• jonschuette
    • Jan 2007

Re: Brett Favre game used on eBay

Lund6771 - send me your email to jschuette@russell.com

Comment

• zonker
      • Sep 2006

the inscription on the 1st jersey is forged that's why they have'nt seen that befor he doesn't writes the inscription in sentence form. it's not brett's writing. and the c.o.a only authenticates the autograph. on all farve jersey's signed game used almost alway's comes like in the 2nd auction. picture of him with the jersey w.hologram , usally the stat's from the game and the c.o.a. states the same thing as the jersey.

Comment

• RKGIBSON
        • Mar 2006

Here is what a Favre game used cert looks like. My jersey was used vs the Rams 1-20-2002.

The length in that era seems to vary some. I have not seen any I thought had elastic in the tail.

Many NFL teams used elastic in the tails. I started noticing it being used a lot in 2003. It was used in the sleeves for years, early 80 I know. If you want to see different style LMK.

On other thing, I'm not sure if Lund was saying Marino never used velcro on his tail or if he was saying it is a trick to make a non-gamer look real. I have a 1998 Marino that was used on 10-25-1998. I has strips of velcro on the tail. I purchased this jersey at the 2005 Super Bowl auction from the NFL and have photo matched it. Photo of tail attached.

Roger
        Attached Files

Comment

• CollectGU
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by zonker
          the inscription on the 1st jersey is forged that's why they have'nt seen that befor he doesn't writes the inscription in sentence form. it's not brett's writing. and the c.o.a only authenticates the autograph. on all farve jersey's signed game used almost alway's comes like in the 2nd auction. picture of him with the jersey w.hologram , usally the stat's from the game and the c.o.a. states the same thing as the jersey.

It matches up with other Favre writing especially the "G" and "d" in Game used......PSA also passed the inscription....

Comment

• zonker
            • Sep 2006

psa is not perfect. why would they need to authenticate it anyway when it comes with a favre c.o.a? you know just the one for for the autograph. why would favre sign a jersey that he know's was not custom made for him ,can't be photo matched to any game ,in 2002 doesn't come with a favre game used c.o.a. as the "autograph" and the "game used" are 2 completely differant c.o.a.'s , just as the 2003 can't be photo matched, just look's like the right hem job,has logo problem's etc. if and when the buyer figures out it's not what he think it is and put's it back up for sale if you feel comfortable with the g and the d looking good by all mean's buy it same for the 2003. contact favre through his web site, send pic's and ask his opion on either of them and if he think's it was worn by him. i'm taking bet's they both fail or he already would have his c.o.a. with them and if you lose it you can get a replacement by sending the jersey back to him and have him examine it. why somebody else's, so it would look legit my guess!

Comment

• lund6771
              • Dec 2006

Hi Roger

Yes I was implying that the crooks out there have tried to pass Marino pro-cuts for gamers by adding the velcro...same with Favre jerseys...

[content removed] I'd have to agree with Zonker on this one..I think Favre started selling his own stuff in 2000 and EVERY piece comes with a letter, like the one that Roger is showing, along with a pic of him with the shirt..I think it was sometime in 2003 that he started writing the date and score on them...There should be 3 holograms that all have the same S#...on the shirt, the letter, and on the pic... The other little post-card of a letter [content removed] was for a typical signed pro-cut jersey....nice work Lou

Comment

• Eric
                • Jan 1970

Originally posted by lund6771
                Hi Roger

Yes I was implying that the crooks out there have tried to pass Marino pro-cuts for gamers by adding the velcro...same with Favre jerseys...

[content removed] I'd have to agree with Zonker on this one..I think Favre started selling his own stuff in 2000 and EVERY piece comes with a letter, like the one that Roger is showing, along with a pic of him with the shirt..I think it was sometime in 2003 that he started writing the date and score on them...There should be 3 holograms that all have the same S#...on the shirt, the letter, and on the pic... The other little post-card of a letter [content removed] was for a typical signed pro-cut jersey....nice work Lou
                That's actually not true. i have a game used Brett Favre shirt that came from a front office person from the St. Louis Rams.

Eric
                Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• lund6771
                  • Dec 2006

Eric...

When I meant "EVERY"..that meant EVERY piece that came through Favre's distributer.Rick Radtke...Does your shirt come with a Favre hologram for the sig only?..lets say the AMI Favre got out like yours did, then it was sent to Favre to get signed, there would be no way in hell that he would sign it game used!!!..any angle you look at with this one, it simply doesn't add up...ecspecially with the raised logos...this ones a no brainer

obviously jerseys can come from other places than Rick...but that is a rarity...I have a Montana that is similar to your Favre, so of course it is possible for one to get out in a "untradional" fashion, but not this one

Comment

• CollectGU
                    • Nov 2005

I am simply stating that the writing , specifically the word "game Used" on the one in AMI sure looks like the writing on this jersey. PSA agreed. You don't think it looks the same?. It has nothing to do with my like or dislike of a company, it based on what I see with my eyes. Do you see somehting different?

Comment

• kneerat
                      • Nov 2005

One thing you could do is contact Red Batty at Lambeau Field... He has been very helpful with this sort of thing before... He is the Packers' equipment manager, so he would know.
                      Thank you,
                      Chris Nerat

Comment

• RKGIBSON
                        • Mar 2006

Here is the autograph and hologram on mine. The hologram is on the certificate, the picture and the jersey.

Roger
                        Attached Files

Comment

• gwh11
                          • Aug 2005

I agree that it's rare to find a real Favre gamer without his accompanying hologram, paperwork, etc., but there are a few out there, as in Eric's case for example. While having all of that greatly increases the chance that a Favre jersey is "real", unfortunately it is not a guarantee. I've seen a few jerseys that Favre signed as "game worn", with the hologram, etc. that were, in fact, not game worn.
                          Guy

Comment

• jonschuette
                            • Jan 2007

I have a call into Gordan "Red" Batty regarding my 1999 Favre. Hopefully he will call back and have some helpful information.

I originally purchased my jersey from someone in Wisconsin who recieved it through the big purchase Grey Flannel did with Red Batty and the Packers during the '99 year and maybe previous years also. I know I purchased a 1998 Mark Chumra jersey from Grey Flannel.

Jon Schuette
                            Always looking for Will Clark game used items and am still in the hunt for that elusive Brett Favre worn red practice jersey

Comment

• gwh11
                              • Aug 2005

Jon,
                              Is your 1998 Chmura jersey a green home or white away?
                              Guy

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                                Paid Users
                                • Jan 1970

I am very sorry I didn't ask this question before but was the seller of the jersey emailed with any concerns (as per Chris Neerat's suggestion early on in this thread). As is stated in the forum rules:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

I believe the seller has a high feedback rating and would be responsive to any questions. Once again, these rules were set up to help prevent potential misunderstandings about items. I am sorry that I have to keep saying this and also that I didn't post this message earlier.

Sincerely,
                                Chris
                                Christopher Cavalier
                                Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

Working...