Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Brett Favre game used on eBay

Hi Roger

Yes I was implying that the crooks out there have tried to pass Marino pro-cuts for gamers by adding the velcro...same with Favre jerseys...

[content removed] I'd have to agree with Zonker on this one..I think Favre started selling his own stuff in 2000 and EVERY piece comes with a letter, like the one that Roger is showing, along with a pic of him with the shirt..I think it was sometime in 2003 that he started writing the date and score on them...There should be 3 holograms that all have the same S#...on the shirt, the letter, and on the pic... The other little post-card of a letter [content removed] was for a typical signed pro-cut jersey....nice work Lou

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Hi Roger

Yes I was implying that the crooks out there have tried to pass Marino pro-cuts for gamers by adding the velcro...same with Favre jerseys...

[content removed] I'd have to agree with Zonker on this one..I think Favre started selling his own stuff in 2000 and EVERY piece comes with a letter, like the one that Roger is showing, along with a pic of him with the shirt..I think it was sometime in 2003 that he started writing the date and score on them...There should be 3 holograms that all have the same S#...on the shirt, the letter, and on the pic... The other little post-card of a letter [content removed] was for a typical signed pro-cut jersey....nice work Lou
    That's actually not true. i have a game used Brett Favre shirt that came from a front office person from the St. Louis Rams.

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Eric...

When I meant "EVERY"..that meant EVERY piece that came through Favre's distributer.Rick Radtke...Does your shirt come with a Favre hologram for the sig only?..lets say the AMI Favre got out like yours did, then it was sent to Favre to get signed, there would be no way in hell that he would sign it game used!!!..any angle you look at with this one, it simply doesn't add up...ecspecially with the raised logos...this ones a no brainer

obviously jerseys can come from other places than Rick...but that is a rarity...I have a Montana that is similar to your Favre, so of course it is possible for one to get out in a "untradional" fashion, but not this one

I am simply stating that the writing , specifically the word "game Used" on the one in AMI sure looks like the writing on this jersey. PSA agreed. You don't think it looks the same?. It has nothing to do with my like or dislike of a company, it based on what I see with my eyes. Do you see somehting different?

One thing you could do is contact Red Batty at Lambeau Field... He has been very helpful with this sort of thing before... He is the Packers' equipment manager, so he would know.
    Thank you,
    Chris Nerat

Here is the autograph and hologram on mine. The hologram is on the certificate, the picture and the jersey.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I agree that it's rare to find a real Favre gamer without his accompanying hologram, paperwork, etc., but there are a few out there, as in Eric's case for example. While having all of that greatly increases the chance that a Favre jersey is "real", unfortunately it is not a guarantee. I've seen a few jerseys that Favre signed as "game worn", with the hologram, etc. that were, in fact, not game worn.
    Guy

I have a call into Gordan "Red" Batty regarding my 1999 Favre. Hopefully he will call back and have some helpful information.

I originally purchased my jersey from someone in Wisconsin who recieved it through the big purchase Grey Flannel did with Red Batty and the Packers during the '99 year and maybe previous years also. I know I purchased a 1998 Mark Chumra jersey from Grey Flannel.

Jon Schuette
    Always looking for Will Clark game used items and am still in the hunt for that elusive Brett Favre worn red practice jersey

Jon,
    Is your 1998 Chmura jersey a green home or white away?
    Guy

I am very sorry I didn't ask this question before but was the seller of the jersey emailed with any concerns (as per Chris Neerat's suggestion early on in this thread). As is stated in the forum rules:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

I believe the seller has a high feedback rating and would be responsive to any questions. Once again, these rules were set up to help prevent potential misunderstandings about items. I am sorry that I have to keep saying this and also that I didn't post this message earlier.

Sincerely,
    Chris