Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lund6771
    • Dec 2006

Re: Brett Favre game used on eBay

That's fine Dave...Since you are obviously an autograph expert, I and everyone else out there will have to take your word for it...

You completely disregard all of the red flags on this jersey, with a monumental conclusion that the autograph looks similar to you as it does on some others...maybe that's why so many true collectors come and go through this hobby because they run into situations like this and have to deal with people that are oblivious to reality...

you keep arguing about the inscription and mention nothing about the jersey...what is your opinion of the jersey itself?...do you believe that this was worn in a game?...do you feel that AMI should refund the purchaser of this shirt?

So I understand correctly...If you were the seller of this jersey, and were provided all of the photos and evidence clearly showing that this shirt was a pro-cut...you would not offer the buyer a refund because, in your opinion, the "full game used" inscription appears to match some real ones?...Get Real

Comment

• CollectGU
      • Nov 2005

Pete,

You stated that there is no way in hell that Favre signed the jersey. I gave you covincing evidence that he did sign the jersey and it is his handwriting. So, now you can ask Brett Favre through his website or his company why he signed a pro-cut as game used when it is not, and maybe you can get back to us with an answer. Maybe there is a plausible explanation? I'm sure you haven't asked him or his representatives, but since it originated with Brett Favre that is where I would start....

Originally posted by lund6771
      That's fine Dave...Since you are obviously an autograph expert, I and everyone else out there will have to take your word for it...

what is your opinion of the jersey itself?...do you believe that this was worn in a game?...do you feel that AMI should refund the purchaser of this shirt?

So I understand correctly...If you were the seller of this jersey, and were provided all of the photos and evidence clearly showing that this shirt was a pro-cut...you would not offer the buyer a refund because, in your opinion, the "full game used" inscription appears to match some real ones?...Get Real

Comment

• lund6771
        • Dec 2006

Dave...since I'm not directly involved, I won't be starting anywhere...

I think the place to start would be that AMI return the shirt to their consigner and refund the buyer the money...why? because THE SHIRT IS FAKE...from that point on, the consignor can start figuring out who took this pro-cut jersey, trimmed the tail, and added elastic to it...and then somewhere up the line Bret signed the pro-cut..there's your trail...It doesn't matter where it started, but somewhere in between, it went from being a pro-cut that was turned into a gamer...

...Dave, what else do you need, the shirt is FAKE...can't you come to that realization?

Comment

• CollectGU
          • Nov 2005

Pete,

I think the most obvious place to start is where it originated as a supposed gamer - with Favre signing it as game used..Why not research it as I suggested and get back to us with the results...Mybe he has a plausible reason? Let us know what you find out...

Regards,
          Dave

Comment

• lund6771
            • Dec 2006

i find it strange that Brett signed a jersey this way and it did not come with a picture and a letter...if it did come with these items, I would agree with you 100%...that something is wrong at the source...

So Dave, are you accusing Brett Favre of trimming the tail of a pro-cut, adding elastic, signing it as a game used shirt, but yet not provide a letter or a picture...are you serious that someone should actually come to Brett Favre and ask him these questions for the sole reason beacause YOU believe some inscriptions match?....

When one looks at the track record of Brett Favre versus AMI, I sure as hell know where I would start my investigation

You still never aswered the question if you feel that the buyer of the AMI shirt should receive a refund?...he never bought the shirt from Brett, he bought from AMI and it's an obvious fake...so why won't you answer this question?

Chris or Eric...I think that it might be time to end this thread because my head is starting to hurt from beating it against the wall...I am suprised that a lot of other readers out there haven't jumped in this one, but I'm sure you're having a great laugh from the sidelines watching this stupidity

Comment

• jonschuette
              • Jan 2007

Sorry for resurrecting this thread again, but I have some information to add.

Red Batty returned my call and was very helpful. Thanks Kneerat.

I actually sent my jersey to him in Green Bay and he was able to personally verify its authenticity. Not only did he look at it but also had the Green Bay Packers tailoring/seamstress department verify it.

Jon Schuette

Always looking for Will Clark game used items and am still in the hunt for that elusive Brett Favre worn red practice jersey

Comment

• kneerat
                • Nov 2005

Wow... that's awesome... Gordon is a true class act.

Always has been helpful with collectors.

Go Pack!
                Thank you,
                Chris Nerat

Comment

Working...