Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Brett Favre game used on eBay

Can anyone offer any insight into this jersey and the seller? They appear to have great feedback and the jersey looks nice but the sellers description is off and the letter from Lou Lampson is no plus.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-BRETT-FAVRE...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

Re: Brett Favre game used on eBay

From the little bit of game-worn experience I claim to have, the hemmed waste line is consistent with original Favre exemplars that I have seen in my day. TRSENT is Joel Alpert, and is an honest, good guy.

If you have any questions with the jersey, I would advise emailing Joel, who has always taken the time to help me with anything I have needed.
    Thank you,
    Chris Nerat

wasn't there a thread about the reebok logo placement on the sleeves of favre jersey's being closer to the stripes as in his picture on the listing. i know that other packer players wear the jersey's with the high logo placement, so i assume farve has his gamer's special made. any insight from an expert on greenbay jersey's would be appreciated. so i can clear this up for myself as i thought the high logo were issued to him and the low logo were actual gamer's special made and hemmed up for him.

Yes, the Reebok logo placement is perhaps the easy way to determine if this is a 2003 gamer. Do a quick Getty Images search under "Favre 2003" and you'll see that in every game Favre's jersey has the logo closer to the sleeve striping, as shown in the game photo included in the listing. Also, for most of the season, Favre used snaps to secure his jersey into his pants.

Guy

I would ask Rick Radtke...he has handled, and has more experience with Favre gamers from the last few years over anyone else...there is more info than just the logo on Favre stuff

Rick explanied to once to me how easy it is to tell the difference bewteen a real one and the typical BS one, but I don't remember exactly what it is...he would know in a heart-beat

I have a 2001 with the Favre letter. For what ever it is worth the length seems different than mine. The picture posted in the ad seems to be about the length of mine.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

No question, the Reebok logo placement is VERY different in the picture as compared to the jersey.

nice favre! hope to get me one of those someday soon, while i still have a good arm and a leg to give.

Hey Zonker I sure hope that youre talking Rogers Favre being nice, because there is no question that the ebay one is a pro-cut...it took me 4 minutes and 24 seconds to look a every game on Getty from that season to see this shirt is garbage

And Lou...don't you even have 5 minutes to try and photo match a jersey?...simply PATHETIC!!!!!!

Thanks to all for your persistent help. I appreciate it very much. I always knew two sets of eyes were better than one. I have posted a few pictures of my game used Favre jersey from the Nov 29, 1999 game against the San Francisco 49ers for which I was at. I was a rainy night at the Stick. Packers won.

This jersey was cut short and a piece of velcro added. It also came with a letter from the Packers equipment manager noting the game it was used in. I hope to get it autographed one day.

**I would like to get a Favre used green home jersey and red practice jersey to complete my collection. Any help or leads would be appreciated.**

Enjoy and thanks again to all.
    Attached Images Attached Images