Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPS Theft

Re: UPS Theft

I also once received an empty tube from UPS. One end cap was missing, so I'm inclined to believe that it fell out somewhere along the way. It was a Bill Doran bat, so I don't see a lot of value in stealing it.

The seller put in a claim with UPS and they ended up paying for the bat at which point I got my money back.
    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
    chris.josefy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by cjosefy View Post
    I also once received an empty tube from UPS. One end cap was missing, so I'm inclined to believe that it fell out somewhere along the way. It was a Bill Doran bat, so I don't see a lot of value in stealing it.

The seller put in a claim with UPS and they ended up paying for the bat at which point I got my money back.
    Cjosefy,
    Seeing as in our fantasy baseball league your email address is the only one hidden i figured this place to be the best to express my disapointment about you totally bailing on the league you signed up for and said you were gonna participate in.Don't ever bother to try to play in a GUU league that i set up again.You are the type of player that i look to avoid.
    Jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Maybe this guy knows where it went. From today's Uni Watch blog ...

Entertaining story of possibly dubious veracity from David C. Murphy, who passed along this note that he received from a friend: “When I worked at Airborne Express (’90-’97), occasionally we would see packages go through from whoever made the MLB jerseys at that time. If someone got called up, traded, or needed a new jersey, there would be one shipped out. On more than one occasion, I would get the jersey out and try it on. I think I worked one whole shift wearing a Dwayne Henry Astros jersey. That falls under the ‘It seemed like a good idea at the time’ stories.”

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

It just happened to me. I recently (August 10th) sold a bat on ebay. The buyer never got it. Finally today he received an empty tube which he says was stamped multiple times in red "received without contents."

Tomorrow I will have to go to the post office to figure out how to do a claim. What a hassle.

More than that though, it makes me sick that this guy will not get this bat that he has been excited about.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    It just happened to me. I recently (August 10th) sold a bat on ebay. The buyer never got it. Finally today he received an empty tube which he says was stamped multiple times in red "received without contents."

Tomorrow I will have to go to the post office to figure out how to do a claim. What a hassle.

More than that though, it makes me sick that this guy will not get this bat that he has been excited about.
    This happens way to often and would be nice if UPS was investigated. Difficult to do, but it would be nice.

When it happened to me, I was so lucky that I saw the UPS guy running away from my house and towards his truck. When I yelled to him that the box was empty, which was obvious, and he then came back and I could tell he was playing dumb. No way could he not tell the box was empty, especially when one end was open. Oh, the tube was in there, but not the bat. If it fell out, the entire contents including the tube would have fallen out. Yes, someone definately attempted to steal it. I called and then ran straight down to UPS. Yes, by the time I got to UPS, they found the bat. They said it slipped out somehow and they found it. Yeah, I bought that story.

I got lucky. Many don't. How people can rob and steal from others in the performance of their duties, is beyond me. We live is a greedy society. Truly sad!

Regards, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    This happens way to often and would be nice if UPS was investigated. Difficult to do, but it would be nice.

When it happened to me, I was so lucky that I saw the UPS guy running away from my house and towards his truck. When I yelled to him that the box was empty, which was obvious, and he then came back and I could tell he was playing dumb. No way could he not tell the box was empty, especially when one end was open. Oh, the tube was in there, but not the bat. If it fell out, the entire contents including the tube would have fallen out. Yes, someone definately attempted to steal it. I called and then ran straight down to UPS. Yes, by the time I got to UPS, they found the bat. They said it slipped out somehow and they found it. Yeah, I bought that story.

I got lucky. Many don't. How people can rob and steal from others in the performance of their duties, is beyond me. We live is a greedy society. Truly sad!

Regards, Tony
    Most importantly, this was the Derek Jeter Minor League Bat. It was being returned from the Yankees, so I'm sure someone at UPS definately knew what was in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_8_us View Post
    Cjosefy,
    Seeing as in our fantasy baseball league your email address is the only one hidden i figured this place to be the best to express my disapointment about you totally bailing on the league you signed up for and said you were gonna participate in.Don't ever bother to try to play in a GUU league that i set up again.You are the type of player that i look to avoid.
    Jon

OUCH!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post

How people can rob and steal from others in the performance of their duties, is beyond me.

You hit the nail on the head. This is what gets me the most. They are doing it AT WORK! PATHETIC!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Banned

As I started this post on the theft of my bat by someone at UPS, I thought I would post an update. I called the UPS representative no less than 4 times in the last week. At first they said they found my bat but returned it to a special holding location. Then they said it was to be mailed back to me, then it was being held at the Houston warehouse. Finally, they decided it was not a Jeff Kent bat but a Jeff Bagwell bat, which had an invoice attached. This is a complete run around and a shameful way for a company like UPS to handle the situation.

The UPS representative told me it was ashame that the bat was stolen. Where is the concern by UPS that they have dishonest employees who are stealing from customers? For my money, I will never use UPS again and I would discourage any of my friends from trusting their collectibles to the pack of thieves at UPS.

For the record, the bat was mailed from Calirfornia to Houston.