Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UPS Theft

Banned

UPS Theft

I just received an empty bat tube delivered by UPS. The best I can tell, someone at UPS opened the tube, removed the Jeff Kent game used bat and replaced the bat with rolled up plastic trash bags. They left the LOA behind. This sounds like a similar situation with another collector who lost Soriano bats rcently through UPS. I hope this is not a trend but I have some concerns that this might become an issue for other collectors. I have not been able to discuss this with UPS but I dont have any real hope in finding the bat as this is not a simple case of a lost item in transit but the deliberate act of a disreputable SOB.

Re: UPA Theft

This is certaining a disturbing trend.

Chris, Rob, or Eric,

Is there some sort of medium beside the forum that we can advertise the fact that this is happening. Perhaps a little negative publicity for UPS would make them look into this and crack down on these crimes.

David

Anybody that sends their items UPS instead of USPS is out of their minds!
    I've heard more horror stories from collectors who've used UPS, than I can count.
    paul

a burgeoning trend? i highly doubt it. i mean consider for a moment just how lucky a crooked ups guy would have to be in order to nab a valuable bat out of the 15 million plus packages ups handles each and every day - he would be better off buying a lottery ticket. jmo.

and, fwiw, i've owned my busines for 12 years and have shipped and received thousands of packages via ups during this time and not once has a package been lost. maybe i'm just lucky.

Back in 1999, I ordered a special custom made police ring from a company. One day the company called and said that the ring had been stolen by one of the UPS delivery drivers. Seems that he picked up a ton of rings one day and took off with everything. It later turned up in an Ohio pawn shop where it was purchased by the owner from some crackhead off the street.

People will steal anything.

Bigcat - what was the starting and ending destination for your bat? Since Andrew had one stolen by UPS, maybe there's a common location that these bats are traveling through.............

The last few packages i recieved from Steiner if memory serves me correct only contained their address w/ no company name. Its more likely that a UPS or anyone else looking at a return address which has the name of a Sports Memoribilia company will be more tempted to steal what is in the box. Perhaps more dealers should do the same?

As an aside, a couple of weeks ago i receive a bat in a "Louisville Slugger" box via UPS so i feel very fortunate it made it here with the contents in tack.

David

Re: UPS Theft

A couple years back, I bought a jersey from College Jersey.com and when it showed up, the box was empty. It looked like someone just punched the box and grabbed whatever was inside. Luckily, College Jersey had another shirt like the one that was stolen and replaced it with no hassle -- I assume they handled the claim with UPS. At the time, the box had a College Jersey.com return address label, so it was kind of obvious what was inside. Not sure they use those labels anymore.

Whether using UPS,USPS, FED EX or any other delivery service, always PURCHASE INSURANCE! The USPS tracking system is worthless IMHO at least with UPS you can track the package every step of the way. I've found them to be much more reliable than the USPS.

I prefer shipping Fedex, although their insurance policy isn't as liberal as UPS, they have been more reliable for me as a shipper.

Most of the people I purchase from use UPS and I will let you know how my Soriano "missing" bat plays out with them and insurance, etc.

The one thing I do now is sign in person for all of my items as I don't want packages left at the door.

Andrew