Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2006 Ryan Zimmerman Uncracked bat

Hello all,

I managed to find this bat on ebay and it looks like a winner. I wanted to get people's thoughts on it. It is an uncracked Ryan Zimmerman game used bat from late 2006. All the bats at Lockerroom are all splintered or cracked. According to Kim at Ball Park Heroes, this one is uncracked with ball marks (see the mlb logo implanted from a ball in pic #2), deep seam marks, and moto stick. The traits seem to be Zimmerman's along with his style of 11 on the bottom of the knob and the top of the barrell. I can't wait to see it in person!
    Name:  Zim1.JPG
Views: 582
Size:  30.8 KB

Name:  Zim2.JPG
Views: 569
Size:  25.0 KB

Name:  Zim3.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  Zim4.JPG
Views: 556
Size:  15.6 KB

Name:  Zim5.JPG
Views: 567
Size:  15.8 KB

Re: 2006 Ryan Zimmerman Uncracked bat

Congrats! I wish we had someone like Birdbats to follow Zim similar to how Birdbats follows each at-bat of Pujols.

My best guess is your LS M9 was used in September of last year during Zim's great Rookie season. I own an almost identical bat with the darker stained mota stick that was MLB hologram'd on 9/20/06 and I bought the MLB TV feed to the game and my bat was his HR 19 RBI 99 bat that was cracked in Zim's 2nd at-bat of that game. Here is the film:

092006_atlwas_tv_350_drm.wmv

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=260920120

Although the LS M9 is not as rare as the Rawlings red or blue ring that Zim used last year, what I like is on your M9 the darker Mota stick and the overall use and the fact it is not cracked is rare.

This season Ryan has used LS only a few times and I have noticed only brownish mota stick. Most of this season Ryan has used black Max bat and blonde Marrucci w/ light Mota stick.

Ryan started off 2006 using a black LS M9 and then switched to the blonde H238 which he used most of the season until Sept.

Andrew

Hey Andrew, thanks for the info. Yeah, Kim mentioned the bat was from you originally. I have been looking for a good uncracked Zimmerman bat. Any word yet on the auto'd bats you were checking on for me?

Brian B.

Great looking bat. The MLB logo imprint looks sweet. I know in the pink bats auction thread someone posted pictures of one with perfect MLB logo transfer like your Zim bat.

If anyone is interested, I may be willing to sell this. Let me know.....

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    Hey Andrew, thanks for the info. Yeah, Kim mentioned the bat was from you originally. I have been looking for a good uncracked Zimmerman bat.
    Brian B.
    Brian - I am glad you ended up with this bat as it is tough to get an uncracked Zim with great use! Also glad to see you are collecting Zim again!

Andrew

Any word on what happened with the Father's Day Home run bat? It is no longer on Lockerrooms site. Maybe someone bought it? It was fairly clear it was not the bat. Althought they said Zim would have spoken to me over the phone to tell me personally that it was the bat and that he personally set the bat aside and then signed it. I just couldn't invest that amount of money on something that had a question surrounding it.

By the way, the post below is nothing bad regarding Lockerroom, it was just a potential mistake. Not quite sure how it turned out or what was found out.

can someone please tell me of this bat is real and if it is uncracked. I mean ive been in contact with the seller, and i still dont know what to believe. I am currently selling all my cards - all the zimmerman's to purchase a game used bat from zimmerman. I just really wanted one that was uncracked or unsplinters. The autogragh on it im not worried about cause that will give me something to track down zimmerman for the first time. I live like 10 miles from the staduim. Im VERY knowldgable on cards but not on game used memorabilia. here is the link. he says its from his rookie season. If it was from his rookie season wouldnt it have the number 20 on it? anyhow i just want to make sure its real first and worth the money. he wont come down on the price. please help someo
    ne that knows this stuff. kinda looks like this bat in this forum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Quote Originally Posted by greengrizzle View Post
    can someone please tell me of this bat is real and if it is uncracked. I mean ive been in contact with the seller, and i still dont know what to believe. I am currently selling all my cards - all the zimmerman's to purchase a game used bat from zimmerman. I just really wanted one that was uncracked or unsplinters. The autogragh on it im not worried about cause that will give me something to track down zimmerman for the first time. I live like 10 miles from the staduim. Im VERY knowldgable on cards but not on game used memorabilia. here is the link. he says its from his rookie season. If it was from his rookie season wouldnt it have the number 20 on it? anyhow i just want to make sure its real first and worth the money. he wont come down on the price. please help someo
    ne that knows this stuff. kinda looks like this bat in this forum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123
    That looks like the exact same bat in this post. Ask the seller if he has Ball Park Heroes letter for it.