Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Baseball's class act and class clown...

Who do you think is Baseball's class act (Good for the game) and who's the class clown (Bad for baseball). Do you think either way influences the price of their game used items? I'll start, Jeter class act and Bonds class clown.

Re: Baseball's class act and class clown...

I say Jeter also. And i have to go with Manny for the class clown. I dont like the hole Manny being Manny thing.

Class Acts-

Derek Jeter - no question, one of the best ambassadors of the game

Brian Schneider (Nationals) - he's another quiet leader who is a class guy

Roger Clemens - despite his few detractors, he is a class act

Manny Acta - if you ever have the chance to watch his post game press conference, he acts the way a manager should, win or lose.

Class Clown-

Manny Ramirez, hands down winner - he dresses like a gangbanger. I think he's the one who started the whole du rag thing with the baseball logo.

Barry Bonds - He's a bum

Banned

Worst player/explayer ever met:

Hnads down, ex-Phillies pitcher Rick Wise. Current pitching coach in the Independant League.

http://lancasterbarnstormers.com/coaches.cfm

I have NEVER seen him sign at our ball park or even at his....NEVER. When asked, he either pushes the card away or looks little kids in the face and says "NO". I have his 1971 Phillies no hitter jersey and hat, and he refused to sign either item (I've asked quite a few times over the last 4 seasons).

After one game at our ballpark, he was walking to the bus and said, "I'm signing one autograph tonight....who's the lucky fan". He then kept walking and never signed.

In my opinion, he's a bitter old man, who can't get over the fact that he never made big $$$ and also has never advanced to a MLB pitching coach position.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I say Jeter also. And i have to go with Manny for the class clown. I dont like the hole Manny being Manny thing.
    Manny being Manny includes being the most productive right handed hitter in baseball over the past dozen years so i'll take the clown act even though it's absolutely harmless to anyone and he is a model citizen.Below are some REAL clowns:

Class Act: Jeter,David Ortiz,and "The Mayor" Sean Casey

Clown:A.J. Pierzyniski,Barry Bonds,Jose Guillen,Steve Howe,Ty Cobb

Jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Banned

Class Act: Curtis Granderson

Worst player: Felipe Alou,

Class Act:
    Derek Jeter
    I was at the 2004 All Star game in houston, and at workout day I remember seeing all of the big names. There were tons of kids lined up along the dugout areas and the fence. The whole time, the only player I saw that was signing was Jeter. I remember thinking to myself, that's why Jeter is Jeter. You would think Ken Harvey or someone who isn't a big name would be signing, but it was Jeter.

Buck O'Neal
    Always was smiling, and willing to sit and talk baseball with you

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post

Manny Ramirez, hands down winner - he dresses like a gangbanger. I think he's the one who started the whole du rag thing with the baseball logo.

Grove Street 4 Life!

Quote Originally Posted by jon_8_us View Post
    Manny being Manny includes being the most productive right handed hitter in baseball over the past dozen years so i'll take the clown act even though it's absolutely harmless to anyone and he is a model citizen.
    I would have to agree with you on this, Jon. Obviously, I'm biased, but if you're a fan of the team he's on, you can't help but be pulled into his court by some very unique and endearing qualities. The same qualities that make you so mad are the same ones that make you like him. Bad for baseball, not hardly.

Class Act: I'd agree with Jeter. My first thought actually was Ortiz. Players like Tim Wakefield, 6-time Roberto Clemente Award nominee.

ClassClown: A-Rod. Best talent in the game, but is scripted and phony. Hard nosed "grip it and rip it" players don't like him. Jeter and Torre wouldn't defend the way he plays the game. Trot Nixon was actually quoted as calling him a "clown" - that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    I would have to agree with you on this, Jon. Obviously, I'm biased, but if you're a fan of the team he's on, you can't help but be pulled into his court by some very unique and endearing qualities. The same qualities that make you so mad are the same ones that make you like him. Bad for baseball, not hardly.

Class Act: I'd agree with Jeter. My first thought actually was Ortiz. Players like Tim Wakefield, 6-time Roberto Clemente Award nominee.

ClassClown: A-Rod. Best talent in the game, but is scripted and phony. Hard nosed "grip it and rip it" players don't like him. Jeter and Torre wouldn't defend the way he plays the game. Trot Nixon was actually quoted as calling him a "clown" - that's good enough for me.
    Well A-rod has more class then Manny. Just thought i should say that.