Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help with Soriano Bat Photomatch

I got a alfonso soriano game used bat from andrew lang about 3 weeks ago and was curious when soriano used the bat so since i had mlb.tv i thought i would go through each of his at bats starting after the manufactureres date on the barrel (i know i dont have a life). Anyway the date on the barrel is 5/3/7 and turns out soriano started using the bat during the 5th inning of a game at wrigley vs the brewers on 6/29 and finally cracked the bat during the 5th inning vs the nats on 7/2. i was able to get about 20 different paused moments where bat rack streaks, dirt marks, and ink marks matched perfectly. Soriano also went 5/12 in that stretch with a 2B. The main reason i posted this is to see if anyone here knows of any photos from any of these games so i might can find a photomatch. He played in 4 games total with the bat. If you have any photos or info on where i might be able to find one please e-mail me at brewergamer28@yahoo.com

Also if you dont have mlb.tv and want to know when your game used bat was used you might want to try it out. It took me over 3 hours to confirm when he used it but that was time well spent and the video is clear enough to pause and see matches. Sorry for the long read.

Matt

Re: Help with Soriano Bat Photomatch

Congrats! That is awesome! I was hoping it was a HR bat since there were so many deep lace marks.

Following Soriano bats is easier than many players because he doesn't use them for BP and he generally uses 1 bat until he cracks it!

I hope someone can find some photos for you.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by zookerman182 View Post
    Soriano also went 5/12 in that stretch with a 2B. Matt
    A .417 batting average on that bat is great!

Andrew

Zook don't feel bad I have no life either and a wife that thinks I am crazy.I had all David Wrights broken bat ab logged on a piece of paper from April 1st until the All Star break this season.Well my wife thought it was garbage and through it away with junk mail.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    I had all David Wrights broken bat ab logged on a piece of paper from April 1st until the All Star break this season.Well my wife thought it was garbage and through it away with junk mail.
    Scott & Matt - You 2 are doing a great job of photomatching. I remember when Scott called me with the great news on one of the Wright bats that I sold him that it was a HR bat!!!! There is nothing better than finding your item is a significant game used item.

By the way, my wife just threw away all my Nationals parking passes for the rest of the season as she thought they were trash so I have one up on you!

Andrew

I actually like searching for the markings on the bats on video. It takes a while and it can get annoying but in a way its like a scavenger hunt. When i actually found the inning he started using the bat it was really cool. If anyone remembers the cubs game where aramis hit the walk off HR off of cordero of the brewers one of the singles soriano got with the bat was to lead off the 9th inning in that game. Pretty cool stuff i think anyway.

Banned

You guys have inspired me to search for photos of my 2006 Soriano bat that I purchased from Andrew. The best 2006 Soriano I have seen (I am sure Andrew has seen better). But you can't beat a PSA/DNA Graded 9.5, heavily used bat. Thanks again Andrew! I will post photos if I find anything!

PS - Thank goodness my wife is away in Chicago for the Labor Day holiday while I have nothing better to do than walk the dog and look for photomatches

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    You guys have inspired me to search for photos of my 2006 Soriano bat that I purchased from Andrew. The best 2006 Soriano I have seen (I am sure Andrew has seen better). But you can't beat a PSA/DNA Graded 9.5, heavily used bat. Thanks again Andrew! I will post photos if I find anything!

PS - Thank goodness my wife is away in Chicago for the Labor Day holiday while I have nothing better to do than walk the dog and look for photomatches

Thanks,

If you send some good pictures of the bat along with the manufacture date on the top of the barrel to me i can search video for you if you want. My e-mail is brewergamer28@yahoo.com. BTW i am VERY jealouse of you for having that bat. I used to own 2 soriano nats bats and have regretted getting rid of them every single day.

Does MLB TV have all of the games from the whole year? I'm desperately trying to photo match a Yankees bat from earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Does MLB TV have all of the games from the whole year? I'm desperately trying to photo match a Yankees bat from earlier this year.

it has all games from this season and last season.