Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: September pick-ups

This hasnt arrived yet, and I hope that I dont jinx myself by posting pics of it, but I paid for it therefore, I own it. Bat was purchased from a non-collector who said that he got it a few years ago through a friendship with former teammate Scott Service. Seller said that the bat is uncracked but then again he may not really know how to tell. Grace has always been on my list as one of my favorite bats that I wanted to pick up if the price was right and this time, it was. Nice bat from a semi-star who never really got the appreciation he deserved. Grace was a 3 time all star, lifetime .303 hitter over 16 seasons, had the most hits in the 90's (41 more than Gwynn), 4 gold gloves, and won a World Series in 2001. Grace and Pete Rose are the only 2 players to lead a decade in hits and that are not in the HOF.

2003 Mark Grace uncracked game used bat - from his final season

Ahh, so that's the one, Jim! Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    This hasnt arrived yet, and I hope that I dont jinx myself by posting pics of it, but I paid for it therefore, I own it. Bat was purchased from a non-collector who said that he got it a few years ago through a friendship with former teammate Scott Service. Seller said that the bat is uncracked but then again he may not really know how to tell. Grace has always been on my list as one of my favorite bats that I wanted to pick up if the price was right and this time, it was. Nice bat from a semi-star who never really got the appreciation he deserved. Grace was a 3 time all star, lifetime .303 hitter over 16 seasons, had the most hits in the 90's (41 more than Gwynn), 4 gold gloves, and won a World Series in 2001. Grace and Pete Rose are the only 2 players to lead a decade in hits and that are not in the HOF.

2003 Mark Grace uncracked game used bat - from his final season

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    Ahh, so that's the one, Jim! Nice find!

Yep Dan, that's it! Thanks!

I hate to say that I think I stole it, but I think that I stole it.

Just got this in, a game used Dustin Pedroia M-9 bat in with nice game use.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's been a lousy month. This is my only September pickup. Slow day at The Holiday Inn.

My Mark Grace bat arrived today! More photos shown earlier in this thread. It is gorgeous. Grace was always one of my favorites. Bat has at least 7 ball marks that I found plus numerous bat rack marks as well as pine tar on the handle so thick that it looks like chocolate. Its from Grace's last season, 2003. The seller said that he got it from Scott Service, a pitcher who was Grace's teammate in 2003. You just wouldnt believe what I paid for this little beauty!

Just got this in today, Manny Ramirez 2006 game used Marucci bat pounded with deep seam marks, pine tar and weighted donut impression, bats shows typical Manny use characteristics.

Found a style match on getty from 7/24/06 vs Oakland A's.

gameused - I'm not a big Manny fan, but that black and red bat is a beauty!

Banned

Hello All!

What has been a pretty busy couple months, has started to come to crawl. Here are the Astros bats that I have picked up over the last month or two:

Group 1: Mike Simms, Craig Shipley, Andujar Cedeno, John Cangelosi, Milt Thompson.

Group 2: Javier Ortiz, Ryan Thompson, Rick Parker, Alan Zinter, Andy Stankewicz.

Group 3: Eric Yelding, Chris Tremie, David Rhode, Chris Jones, Pete Incaviglia.

Group 4: Aubrey Huff, Sean Berry, Stan Javier, Mark McLemore, Scooter Tucker.

Group 5: Phil Plantier, Mike Magnante, Vinny Castilla, Derrick May, Tim Bogar.

Group 6: Daryle Ward, Orlando Merced, Hector Gimenez, Ernest Riles, Chris Truby.

Group 7: Todd Self, Derek Bell, J.R. House, Chris Donnels, Ray Montgomery.

Group 8: Humberto Quintero, Rafael Ramirez, Terry McGriff, David Matranga, Julio Lugo, Alex Diaz.

Group 9: Juan Guerrreo, Tripp Cromer, Tripp Cromer, Glenn Barker, Scott Servais.

Group 10: Orlando Palmeiro, J.R. Phillips, Jack Howell, Thomas Howard, Carlos Hernandez.

Group 11: Dave Clark, Paul Bako, Jose Tolentino, Alejandro Trevino, Jerry Goff.

Group 12: Geoff Blum, Gerald Young, Jim Lindeman, Casey Candaele, Keith Ginter.

Now if I can just get it to pick back up again! Happy Collecting!

Andy

Astroscollector - what? No Jim Pankovits?