Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: September pick-ups

Todd-

It looks like you have a pretty rare piece there. From what I can tell, the only regular season game where the Redskins wore the red jersey was 11-13-05 versus Tampa Bay

5 photos of Portis from that game are located here
    http://www.viewimages.com/Search.asp...partner=Google

Type in 2005 Clinton Portis Tampa to see the photos

Do the marks in these photos match the ones on your jersey?

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Todd-

It looks like you have a pretty rare piece there. From what I can tell, the only regular season game where the Redskins wore the red jersey was 11-13-05 versus Tampa Bay

5 photos of Portis from that game are located here
    http://www.viewimages.com/Search.asp...partner=Google

Type in 2005 Clinton Portis Tampa to see the photos

Do the marks in these photos match the ones on your jersey?
    Thanks for looking it up for me. The team repair is located right where I put the circle. You can't see a rip in the picture, but I would say that it looks like a mtch. What do you think?

This hasnt arrived yet, and I hope that I dont jinx myself by posting pics of it, but I paid for it therefore, I own it. Bat was purchased from a non-collector who said that he got it a few years ago through a friendship with former teammate Scott Service. Seller said that the bat is uncracked but then again he may not really know how to tell. Grace has always been on my list as one of my favorite bats that I wanted to pick up if the price was right and this time, it was. Nice bat from a semi-star who never really got the appreciation he deserved. Grace was a 3 time all star, lifetime .303 hitter over 16 seasons, had the most hits in the 90's (41 more than Gwynn), 4 gold gloves, and won a World Series in 2001. Grace and Pete Rose are the only 2 players to lead a decade in hits and that are not in the HOF.

2003 Mark Grace uncracked game used bat - from his final season

I was able to obtain David Wells 1st Game Used Dodgers Jersey, the one he used on August 26, 2007 against the NY Mets.

Even better, I met David at a Dodgers Game and he signed it and he remembered it, however he didn't inscribe it as game used.

Too bad the Dodgers imploded this last week.

For the record, Boomer was very generous with his time to me and many of the loyal Dodgers Fans who welcomed him to his new team.

I watched that game. He pitched like 5 innings and had a good defensive play and a hit if I remember it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    I watched that game. He pitched like 5 innings and had a good defensive play and a hit if I remember it correctly.
    Yes, you are correct...

Who knows, maybe the sports writers will do him right and place him in the HOF, but I wouldn't bet on it even though he has amassed almost 240 wins, a perfect game, a couple of World Series Rings and a reputation as the go to guy in the need to win game category.

Definately a player as a fan you hate, unless he's on your team!

Banned

Michael Vick

Just picked up this baby from a local human society shelter. The shirts sold out in 10 minutes with all of the money going to the shelter.

Hopefully, either the Goldman family or the Las Vegas Tourist Council will print up a shirt with OJ on it and the caption, “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

September Cardinal bat acquisitions, these are NFS.: Brendan Ryan, Kelly Stinnett, Red Schoendienst, Solly Hemus and Preston Wilson. Also picked up an autographed Red Sox Phil Clark and a Dodgers John Cummings.

Don
    woodbat@bellsouth.net
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nice with the ol' Solly Hemus bat. Solly was the Jacksonville Suns manager when I was a kid. He was managing there in '66 when I saw Tom Seaver pitch against the Rochester Red Wings. Seaver, at the time, was a much heralded young phenom who became a Met after a strange lottery. He was huge news even at 21. Hemus had a few good years in the early 50s with St. Louis.

After years of searching I was finally able to add a St Patrick's Day Twins spring training jersey to my collection. Of a pretty good Twin too, Greg Gagne.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.