Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlevv
    • May 2007

Re: September pick-ups

Astrocollector, Hey funny note on the first bat on your pictures, Mike Simms. I was standing next to Will Clarks locker while Simms and Clark were teamates with the Rangers. Clark was using Simms rose colored bats at the time and Will Clark yelled at Simms to come to his locker. He pulled out one of Simm's bats and asked him in the best lousiana accent "why in the hell is there a star next to your name on this bat?" Simms laughed and told the story where Louisville Slugger asked him to sign his name three times and put a star next to the best signature for them to use on the bat. Well, if you look at the Simms bat you see Louisville included the star next to Simms name. Pretty funny stuff i thought. Cool collection.

Comment

• yankeepirate
      • Dec 2006

Hi!

Wondering if I might persuade you to trade (or sell) the Sarah Silverman jersey. I am a long-time Jews and Baseball collector, and would love to add it to my collection as an oddball item.

BTW, my collection will be featured in an upcoming exhibit on the role of Jews in baseball.

If interested, please contact me at goldstein@goldlaw.com.

Thanks much.

-Howard

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
        • Sep 2007

I was able to obtain David Wells 1st Game Used Dodgers Jersey, the one he used on August 26, 2007 against the NY Mets.

Even better, I met David at a Dodgers Game and he signed it and he remembered it, however he didn't inscribe it as game used.

Too bad the Dodgers imploded this last week.

For the record, Boomer was very generous with his time to me and many of the loyal Dodgers Fans who welcomed him to his new team.
        Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
          • Oct 2005

I watched that game. He pitched like 5 innings and had a good defensive play and a hit if I remember it correctly.

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
            I watched that game. He pitched like 5 innings and had a good defensive play and a hit if I remember it correctly.
            Yes, you are correct...

Who knows, maybe the sports writers will do him right and place him in the HOF, but I wouldn't bet on it even though he has amassed almost 240 wins, a perfect game, a couple of World Series Rings and a reputation as the go to guy in the need to win game category.

Definately a player as a fan you hate, unless he's on your team!

Comment

• cohibasmoker
              Banned
              • Aug 2005

Michael Vick

Just picked up this baby from a local human society shelter. The shirts sold out in 10 minutes with all of the money going to the shelter.

Hopefully, either the Goldman family or the Las Vegas Tourist Council will print up a shirt with OJ on it and the caption, “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”.

Jim
              Attached Files

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
                • Sep 2007

Comment

• godwulf
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by yankeepirate
                  Hi!

Wondering if I might persuade you to trade (or sell) the Sarah Silverman jersey. I am a long-time Jews and Baseball collector, and would love to add it to my collection as an oddball item.

BTW, my collection will be featured in an upcoming exhibit on the role of Jews in baseball.

If interested, please contact me at goldstein@goldlaw.com.

Thanks much.

-Howard
                  Howard....

I've only had the jersey for a day or two, but I'll consider it. Sounds like it would mean a lot more to you than to me, and I respect that. If I did decide to sell it, it would be for exactly what I paid for it - $315 plus shipping - and no more.

If you do end up with the jersey, I think you'll be shocked by how small it is. It's an adult size 'small', but appears even smaller than that - almost like a child's garment. It's definitely her's - the MLB Authentication hologram checks out...she's just a tiny woman, apparently.

Anyway, I will think about it and let you know in a few days, at most.

Jeff
                  Jeff
                  godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• AstrosCollector
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
                    haha, I was just kidding about him since he lives about 5 minutes from me.
                    That's awesome....you ever bump into him while your out or talk with him?

Comment

• AstrosCollector
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Carlevv
                      Astrocollector, Hey funny note on the first bat on your pictures, Mike Simms. I was standing next to Will Clarks locker while Simms and Clark were teamates with the Rangers. Clark was using Simms rose colored bats at the time and Will Clark yelled at Simms to come to his locker. He pulled out one of Simm's bats and asked him in the best lousiana accent "why in the hell is there a star next to your name on this bat?" Simms laughed and told the story where Louisville Slugger asked him to sign his name three times and put a star next to the best signature for them to use on the bat. Well, if you look at the Simms bat you see Louisville included the star next to Simms name. Pretty funny stuff i thought. Cool collection.
                      Carlevv - Thanks for the story! I own about 5 of Simms' Astros bats and all of them have the star imprinted on them! I always wondered why the star was on his signature branded into the bat, but he didn't sign his autograph with the star.

Funny stuff!

Thanks,
                      Andy

Comment

• dcrules01
                        • Nov 2005

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• woodbat
                          • Apr 2007

September Cardinal bat acquisitions, these are NFS.: Brendan Ryan, Kelly Stinnett, Red Schoendienst, Solly Hemus and Preston Wilson. Also picked up an autographed Red Sox Phil Clark and a Dodgers John Cummings.

Don
                          woodbat@bellsouth.net
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Yankwood
                            • Nov 2005

Nice with the ol' Solly Hemus bat. Solly was the Jacksonville Suns manager when I was a kid. He was managing there in '66 when I saw Tom Seaver pitch against the Rochester Red Wings. Seaver, at the time, was a much heralded young phenom who became a Met after a strange lottery. He was huge news even at 21. Hemus had a few good years in the early 50s with St. Louis.

Comment

• sylbry
                              • Nov 2005

After years of searching I was finally able to add a St Patrick's Day Twins spring training jersey to my collection. Of a pretty good Twin too, Greg Gagne.
                              Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• sylbry
                                • Nov 2005

Here is the picture.
                                Attached Files
                                Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

Working...