Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: MYCCSA.com (Coaches Corner)

In earlier years you would be able to find a few gems amongst all the garbage. Now it is more difficult, but still possible.

I bought a handful of items from them last month and decided not to keep a few. I put a couple on ebay and I got hammered by people and ebay took the three auctions off. I called CC today and they were real weird about the questions I asked. I'm a little pissy at this point. they offered a 21 day return policy after auction..... or they could reconsign it in their next auction.

Hi
    In there auction now they have a vintage store model bat. Should that be fine or could that be fake some how. Thanks

What I notice is that it seems all the Babe Ruth, Walter Johnson, Johnny Evers, Lou Gehrig autographs are in incredible dark and clean ink-- which when, according to odds and time, a substantial portion should be faded, semi-faded. Compare to the the highest of high end auctions-- Sotheby's, Barry Halper, Mastro, REA-- where you will see that a major portion of their old autographs have good fading and aging. That's because most autographs don't survive from the 1920s in mint condition, especially on baseballs.

Don't the authenticators for this auction house ever wonder why seemingly every Babe Ruth, George Washington, Walter Johnson and Jean Harlow autograph is in mint jet black condition?

For every 10 authentic Babe Ruth signed baseballs, you should count yourself lucky if 1 has a Mint signature. You should probably count yourself lucky if 1 is at best Near Mint. Check the catalogs of the major auction houses, like Mastro and Sotheby's, to confirm this this percentage.

So when 7/10 or 9/10 or Babe Ruth signatures on baseballs are Mint, the percentages alone suggest an issue.