Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Hank Gathers jersey in AMI

Name:  gathers32.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  46.5 KB
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

this is an absolute classic. in trying to prove an item's authenticity, AMI shows a clip that actually disproves the entire thing. did anyone at AMI actually view this clip? if they did, it's difficult to believe they'd include it in the description. "here's a clip that shows Gathers wearing a practice jersey entirely different from the one we're selling".

i nominate this for Best Comedic Performance by an Auction House.

rudy.

The AMI description also says " The players interviewed after Gathers’ death are also wearing this exact style of jersey."

But in the below photo, do the shoulders and the neck look like the exact style that AMI is selling?

Name:  gathersss2.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  46.0 KB

Dave O'Brien, any chance you can use your connections with AMI to get some answers. I'm not sure they're interested in speaking with me.

Eric

Still no response from AMI and the items remains up for bid. I sent the email to a different address as AMI to see if maybe they could help.

I also asked what the 100% Authentic team saw in the You Tube video that helped them conclude it's a style match.

I will report if I hear back.
    Eric

Banned

Eric-
    May I suggest you pick up the phone and try to speak directly with Vic, Tony Giese or Kieta?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard-
    Sure you can suggest that. I feel like I am going above and beyond what's necessary by emailing a company that has banned me for being associated with this forum and ignored my notes trying to help them from selling something that isn't as it's described.

How much time do I have to put in with a company that doesn't respect me enough to acknolwedge when I'm trying to help them.

My emails to AMI are cordial, they're not accusatory. The absolute least that would be appropriate would be to acknowledge them with any sort of response.

Experience has also shown me that Tony, Vic, and Keita are not interested in hearing from me, or they would have responded to any of my lst 15 or so emails. So really, why should I call them?

Eric

If the item is still offered for bid I will call the FBI tomorrow or speak to my new neighbor who works for the FBI (different dept but sure he can help facilitate something)

It is still up for bid. American Memorabilia has ignored my emails.

Since I posted this, it has a 3rd bid and is up to $215.

Maybe your FBI friends could track the 100% Authentic Team and find out where they get their information....

Let us know what they say.

Eric

Eric...since this is a discussion forum, I would love to offer my opinion..I believe that AMI will not respond to your e-mails because they are embarressed to be questioned...too many dealers take this forum as confrontational..It's BS!!!!!!

This forum has more collective knowledge than all of the auction houses' authentictors combined!!!....as you said, we are doing the whole community a favor...how do you think the buyer of the fake Brett Favre jersey in AMI's last auction would feel if Victor would call him up and apologize for what had happened, (even if the buyer had no idea that there was something wrong)...Personally, I would feel great dealing with AMI because now I would know that they are looking out for my best interests...did that hapen?...I'm willing to bet not..do I feel that they looked out for my interests from past experiences?..absolutely not

bottom line, in my opinion it's just amatuers trying to run a business...any successful business owner KNOWS that treating your customer right is the most imporetant thing...not just prey on the next sucker

Banned

Given the irrefutable evidence that the jersey is bogus, there's no honest reason to leave it up. That tells me much about the owners and operators of this auction house.