Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Hank Gathers jersey in AMI

The Hank Gathers jersey is up to 5 bids, the description has not been amended and my emails have been ignored.

At what point does it become fraud? I guess it's when they knowingly sell something that is not as described.

Here's hoping it doesn't come to that.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

Eric-

Fraud is a tough one to prove.

Can you show that your emails were received by AMI? Likewise, what proof do you have that they are aware of your concerns, or those of anyone on the GUU site?

Common sense tells us otherwise, however, issues that must be considered before action can be taken.

Howard wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Eric (or anyone else),

Any update about this? Are there any GUF readers who are still in contact with AMI?

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

The update is as follows

I made a last effort on the final day of their auction to contact Kieta, Tony Giese and the general info email address of american memorabilia to let them know that their auction description did not match the item being sold.

I did not hear back from them.

Eric

Oh, and it ended with 12 bids and sold to someone for $509 (not counting the buyer's fee).

I find this to be extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Oh, and it ended with 12 bids and sold to someone for $509 (not counting the buyer's fee).

I find this to be extremely disappointing.
    Eric,

Thanks. It is, without question, disappointing at best. Given that there are forum members who have time and time again insisted that Victor and Tony are truly good guys with the best interests of the hobby in mind, I would have hoped for better. For that matter, I would have thought, at the very least, that these individuals could have helped out with getting a response from Victor and Tony in order to for us to better understand (or perhaps even resolve) this "situation." Perhaps they did try and simply did not contribute to this thread, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, though my doubt is substantial.

I feel terrible for the poor collector who spent approx. $600 on this item. What a shame.

Thanks for the update and, as always, for your hard work.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

This was posted in another folder. It still doesn't explain why the auction description was never changed along the way.

Yesterday, 10:12 PM
    CollectGU

Re: Cliff Hagan jersey

From what was explained, they were comfortable with the sources information and how itwas acquired. The yotube was incorrect, and they are aware of that. The winning bidder was supplied with the info from the consignor, and the consignor offered to speak directly to the buyer if they were interested.

Regards,
    Dave

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    This was posted in another folder. It still doesn't explain why the auction description was never changed along the way.

Yesterday, 10:12 PM
    CollectGU

Re: Cliff Hagan jersey

From what was explained, they were comfortable with the sources information and how itwas acquired. The yotube was incorrect, and they are aware of that. The winning bidder was supplied with the info from the consignor, and the consignor offered to speak directly to the buyer if they were interested.

Regards,
    Dave
    This refers to the Hagan jersey does it not?

No- It was in the Hagan thread but it was about the "Gathers" jersey.

So they didn't change the description and notified the winner who apparently was fine with that. But what about all of the underbidders who drove the price up bidding on something that was not as described.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just change the description to something accurate?

The youtube was incorrect and they were aware of that, but they left it in the description for every potential bidder to see. Hmm.

Any chance I can speak to the consignor?
    Eric
    ecky3@aol.com