X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric
    • Jan 1970

Re: Hank Gathers jersey in AMI

Howard-
    Sure you can suggest that. I feel like I am going above and beyond what's necessary by emailing a company that has banned me for being associated with this forum and ignored my notes trying to help them from selling something that isn't as it's described.

How much time do I have to put in with a company that doesn't respect me enough to acknolwedge when I'm trying to help them.

My emails to AMI are cordial, they're not accusatory. The absolute least that would be appropriate would be to acknowledge them with any sort of response.

Experience has also shown me that Tony, Vic, and Keita are not interested in hearing from me, or they would have responded to any of my lst 15 or so emails. So really, why should I call them?

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• srothw
      • May 2007

If the item is still offered for bid I will call the FBI tomorrow or speak to my new neighbor who works for the FBI (different dept but sure he can help facilitate something)

Comment

• Eric
        • Jan 1970

It is still up for bid. American Memorabilia has ignored my emails.

Since I posted this, it has a 3rd bid and is up to $215.

Maybe your FBI friends could track the 100% Authentic Team and find out where they get their information....

Let us know what they say.

Eric

Comment

• lund6771
          • Dec 2006

Eric...since this is a discussion forum, I would love to offer my opinion..I believe that AMI will not respond to your e-mails because they are embarressed to be questioned...too many dealers take this forum as confrontational..It's BS!!!!!!

This forum has more collective knowledge than all of the auction houses' authentictors combined!!!....as you said, we are doing the whole community a favor...how do you think the buyer of the fake Brett Favre jersey in AMI's last auction would feel if Victor would call him up and apologize for what had happened, (even if the buyer had no idea that there was something wrong)...Personally, I would feel great dealing with AMI because now I would know that they are looking out for my best interests...did that hapen?...I'm willing to bet not..do I feel that they looked out for my interests from past experiences?..absolutely not

bottom line, in my opinion it's just amatuers trying to run a business...any successful business owner KNOWS that treating your customer right is the most imporetant thing...not just prey on the next sucker

Comment

• mvandor
            Banned
            • Apr 2007

Given the irrefutable evidence that the jersey is bogus, there's no honest reason to leave it up. That tells me much about the owners and operators of this auction house.

Comment

• Eric
              • Jan 1970

The Hank Gathers jersey is up to 5 bids, the description has not been amended and my emails have been ignored.

At what point does it become fraud? I guess it's when they knowingly sell something that is not as described.

Here's hoping it doesn't come to that.
              Eric

Comment

• hblakewolf
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Eric-

Fraud is a tough one to prove.

Can you show that your emails were received by AMI? Likewise, what proof do you have that they are aware of your concerns, or those of anyone on the GUU site?

Common sense tells us otherwise, however, issues that must be considered before action can be taken.

Howard wolf
                hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• sportscentury
                  • Nov 2005

Eric (or anyone else),

Any update about this? Are there any GUF readers who are still in contact with AMI?

Reid
                  Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• Eric
                    • Jan 1970

The update is as follows

I made a last effort on the final day of their auction to contact Kieta, Tony Giese and the general info email address of american memorabilia to let them know that their auction description did not match the item being sold.

I did not hear back from them.

Eric

Comment

• Eric
                      • Jan 1970

Oh, and it ended with 12 bids and sold to someone for $509 (not counting the buyer's fee).

I find this to be extremely disappointing.

Comment

• sportscentury
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Eric
                        Oh, and it ended with 12 bids and sold to someone for $509 (not counting the buyer's fee).

I find this to be extremely disappointing.
                        Eric,

Thanks. It is, without question, disappointing at best. Given that there are forum members who have time and time again insisted that Victor and Tony are truly good guys with the best interests of the hobby in mind, I would have hoped for better. For that matter, I would have thought, at the very least, that these individuals could have helped out with getting a response from Victor and Tony in order to for us to better understand (or perhaps even resolve) this "situation." Perhaps they did try and simply did not contribute to this thread, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, though my doubt is substantial.

I feel terrible for the poor collector who spent approx. $600 on this item. What a shame.

Thanks for the update and, as always, for your hard work.

Reid
                        Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• Eric
                          • Jan 1970

This was posted in another folder. It still doesn't explain why the auction description was never changed along the way.

Yesterday, 10:12 PM
                          CollectGU

Re: Cliff Hagan jersey

From what was explained, they were comfortable with the sources information and how itwas acquired. The yotube was incorrect, and they are aware of that. The winning bidder was supplied with the info from the consignor, and the consignor offered to speak directly to the buyer if they were interested.

Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

• mvandor
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Eric
                            This was posted in another folder. It still doesn't explain why the auction description was never changed along the way.

Yesterday, 10:12 PM
                            CollectGU

Re: Cliff Hagan jersey

From what was explained, they were comfortable with the sources information and how itwas acquired. The yotube was incorrect, and they are aware of that. The winning bidder was supplied with the info from the consignor, and the consignor offered to speak directly to the buyer if they were interested.

Regards,
                            Dave
                            This refers to the Hagan jersey does it not?

Comment

• Eric
                              • Jan 1970

No- It was in the Hagan thread but it was about the "Gathers" jersey.

So they didn't change the description and notified the winner who apparently was fine with that. But what about all of the underbidders who drove the price up bidding on something that was not as described.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just change the description to something accurate?

The youtube was incorrect and they were aware of that, but they left it in the description for every potential bidder to see. Hmm.

Any chance I can speak to the consignor?
                              Eric
                              ecky3@aol.com

Comment

Working...