Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

USFL jersey attacks table

While going through my football jerseys I place them on my Broyhill dining room table. A New Jersey General USFL jersey was on the bottom of the pile with the screened on number in direct contact. I left the jerseys there for a week and somehow the screen printing attacted the finish on the table. The varnish was softened and stuck to the jersey. I called my friend that owns the furniture store and he said they had had numerous complaints of rubber place mats doing the same thing.

Anyone know how to get the transfered varnish off the screened on numbers?

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: USFL jersey attacks table

Try a litle Goof-Off on a Q-tip directly on the varnish spot(s). Try not to get any on the surrounding vinyl, or at least as little as possible. If you touch the vinyl with the Q-tip, blot dry the area immediately. Just hit every spot individually and one at a time. Goof-off has almost no effect on heat-pressed vinyl if it's wiped off quickly.

I am not familiar with goof-off. Where would I get it?

Roger

I have bought 'Goof Off' at the local hardware store. There are also other similar products like 'Goo Gone' which do the same basic thing.
    I am not sure what type of a job it would do on a screen printed number, but I would probably take 34swtns's suggestion because he sounds like he's done this before. I would however exercise caution and apply to a very small area at first.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    I have bought 'Goof Off' at the local hardware store. There are also other similar products like 'Goo Gone' which do the same basic thing.
    I am not sure what type of a job it would do on a screen printed number, but I would probably take 34swtns's suggestion because he sounds like he's done this before. I would however exercise caution and apply to a very small area at first.

When in doubt..."Goo Gone" can remove anything!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Banned

To hell with the table, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    To hell with the table, right?
    Yeah, I'd burn that thing in the back yard.

The table was replaced, jersey still damaged. I'll get the Goo after it and let you know.

Roger