Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Daily News on ARod's Jock

The Score hears ...
    By MICHAEL O'KEEFFE
    Game-used memorabilia for the true jock sniffer
    Sports memorabilia collectors say they like to buy game-used jerseys and bats because it makes them feel closer to their favorite players.
    Collectors who buy game-used jock straps? That's a little too close for The Score.

But a discerning memorabilia collector tells The Score that there is indeed a thriving market for athletic supporters - especially if they have been worn by the Yankees' MVP candidate Alex Rodriguez. In July, an eBay member known as "Mariners3" bought what was advertised as an A-Rod game-used jock strap for $275. The jock, which has "13 AROD" written across the waist band and comes with a certificate of authenticity, was sold by an eBay dealer who goes by the handle "Postonk."

"Guaranteed the most unusual authentic game-used item in your collection," Postonk wrote. "This is an authentic, game-used jock strap worn by Yankees All-Star Alex Rodiguez. A-Rod wore this jock during his first season with the Yanks."

"Barring injury, A-Rod will no doubt surpass whatever (career home run) total Barry Bonds ends up with this season. And you'll have the all-time HR King's very own jock!" Postonk added. "Buy it now and get FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING!"

Smart collectors, of course, know that many Internet memorabilia sites are rife with fraudulent offerings, but there is evidence the piece Mariners3 bought did once support the Rodriguez family jewels. In June, Elite Sports Marketing, a Florida memorabilia company that once worked closely with A-Rod, also offered on eBay what it described as an Alex Rodriguez game-used jock from the 2004 season.

"It was put up by mistake and offered for a day or two," said Scot Monette of Elite Sports Marketing. "We pulled it from eBay once we realized the mistake."

Careful readers will note The Score has not slipped any naughty A-Rod pun into this item. But that's not because we've gotten religion. We're waiting for Randy Johnson to sell his undergarments.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...eral_case.html
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: Daily News on ARod's Jock

Eric,

This is classic. The statement about AROD and Elite, though, made me curious. What is their relationship (if there is one) at this point?

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Looks like someone else got a hold of the jockstrap and are selling it now, they even set up a site for it:
    http://arodsjockstrap.com

Even if it came with a picture of Arod wearing it; a picture of Arod signing it; and it was free; I wouldn't want it! Sick!

Quote Originally Posted by mumblerit View Post
    Looks like someone else got a hold of the jockstrap and are selling it now, they even set up a site for it:
    http://arodsjockstrap.com

That was the jock strap I purchased from Elite until they decided to ignore my e-mails and sell it to somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Even if it came with a picture of Arod wearing it; a picture of Arod signing it; and it was free; I wouldn't want it! Sick!

Would a Lou Lampson LOA change your mind??

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Would a Lou Lampson LOA change your mind??
    A LOU LAMPSON LOA??? Well, that's a different story

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    That was the jock strap I purchased from Elite until they decided to ignore my e-mails and sell it to somebody else.
    Dude they STIFFED you. Its HARD when you get the SHAFT. What a bunch of JERK OFFS!!!! In the END they probably did you a favor because who knows where aROD has been......
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Dude they STIFFED you. Its HARD when you get the SHAFT. What a bunch of JERK OFFS!!!! In the END they probably did you a favor because who knows where aROD has been......
    Thats awful that he was STIFFED. Arod is pretty HARD UP for fans as it is and now he has a TOOL of a company trying to sell his gonad guard? Looks like everyone is getting HOSEd around here when it comes to this kind of JUNK.

Thanks guys! I just spit my coffee all over my laptop! Hilarious!