Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Post interesting game issued items here

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Rudy-
    Is it just me, or does the NOB appear to be void of the traditional plate?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    it does indeed seem to be missing the nameplate. woopsy.

oddly enough, an1147 (steve misturini) purchased another "2006 ichiro game-issued jersey" from mitchell schumaker:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270147832916

'round and 'round the garbage goes. not sure where it'll end up but i have a feeling it'll have a lampson loa.

rudy.

I bought this off ebay and sold it it to a fellow collector on another board that is a big Mets fan that I belong to.David wears a 48 but this could have ended up in the wrong hands even though it is a 46.Massauctions has bid on a lot of auctions that I have watched in the past.

rudy.

2 "0503B2" tagged jerseys from mitchell! nice! i hadn't seen those since Historic's last auction.

rudy.

i'm starting to feel like i'm just compiling a shopping list for turtlegrrl18

rudy.

Banned

Rudy,

On the Ensberg, this white alternate jersey and another 2006 Ensberg pinstripe were originally offered to me by Robert Weitzner, a seller recently questioned regarding MaxBats. He burned me on a game issued 2005 Clemens road that had a bogus tag and refused to take it back stating it was indeed game issued.
    Thanks,

rudy.

Again, it's important to note that that's nothing wrong with buying or selling game issued items. It's when it shows up elsewhere with an LOA saying it's game used when we have a problem.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

other than seeing whether game-issued items later show up as game-used, i think another benefit to posting items here is to show their source. that is, if a seller says they "acquired it from a player/team source" and it's shown that they really just picked it up from ebay, i think that sort of information is valuable in making purchasing decisions. historic auctions, for example, once offered a david wright batting helmet that they purchased from kim stigall/ball park heroes. there was nothing wrong with the helmet. for some reason, historic felt the need to describe the helmet as "sourced from the Mets". everyone knows that provenance will add to the value of an item. hopefully, in posting items here, the real sources of certain items can be ascertained and it'll help curb all of the "acquired directly from the player/team!" nonsense.

rudy.

I've been waiting for this one to re-appear with some new customization, since I sold it on ebay last year. I got $250 for it from a buyer named "bullpen21". Even though I doubled my money on it I regretted selling it to this guy because it became apparent pretty quickly that he's somewhat adept with a sewing machine as he subsequently posted a couple of homemade 1994 Bears TBTC jerseys that he still can't seem to GIVE away.
    The jersey I sold him will be easy to spot, considering the missing Nike "swooshes" from the shoulders.
    Click the pics to enlarge.