Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Post interesting game issued items here

this is a great topic, but would require a ton of MB if it is intended to be used as a database...

unfortunately there are dealers out there, who are mentioned in this thread, that will continue to sell these jerseys...they know full well that they will be thrown into some auction or on ebay as game used...but they are off the hook because of how they list them on e-bay...talk about circumventing the system

it would be nice if sand knit still supplied the NBA...sure there would still be trash out there, but nothing like what happenned in 1992 and since then

rudy.

nice catch on Kohl...no reason to tip-toe around this one

i'd bet my collection that the Bonds shows up in a future auction

HELLO I BOUGHT A KOBE JERSEY ON EBAY FROM THE SAME VENDOR THAT IS POSTED ON POST #13 DIFFERENT AUCTION #.THATS WHY I BOUGHT IT TO SHOW HOW EASY IT IS TO GET ONE ON EBAY.AND THERE ARE A FEW OF THEM OUT THERE.THAT IS WHY I STARTED MY THEAD KOBE JERSEYS.THE JERSEY IS BEING SOLD IN MY EBAY AUCTION FOR WHAT I PAID FOR IT $560 AS A TEAM ISSUED.

DAN
    323 257- 4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

eBay Auction #280143838890
    Unused Dr. J. game shoes purchased by white-apple.
    But...they look like 2 left shoes to me

i heard that white-apple is Alan Mesa's ebay name...

Nice vintage Julius Erving sand knit jersey.

I thought Pearson and Wilson were manufacturers of Sixers pieces-
    Did Sand Knit ever make the Sixers jerseys? It does have an exclusive tag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-76ers-...QQcmdZViewItem

purchased by ebay user ig814 for $449.99

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

I thought Pearson and Wilson were manufacturers of Sixers pieces-
    Did Sand Knit ever make the Sixers jerseys? It does have an exclusive tag.
    The 76ers switched to Sand-Knit for the 1986-87 season - Erving's last. From 1976-77 thru 1985-86, Erving wore Wilson Sixers jerseys.

I'm guessing someone got their hands on a blank Sixers team jersey and customized it. The size is too big for an Erving gamer and they put the wrong style numbers on it

I posted it on another thread...that guy had a number of Sand-Knit hoops jerseys. Some looked to be team issued and some were the retail authentics.

Once again, I'm really glad that I stumbled upon this place as I in just a few weeks have learned mucho information and this thread is just another tool to work from when buying.

As I've stated before, I collected GU items back in the late 80's and through the mid 90's and was able to source my stuff directly the Dodgers, Angels and a few other sources.

I recently got back into it that last couple of years as I've been going to about 30 to 40 games a year and have rekindled the flame and have again found some sources to get the goods.

Nevertheless, I have dipped into the ebay pool and each and every thing I have acquired via that media has been kosher/jake... but that's only because I only am collecting LA Dodgers Items and have a good basis of what is what with them.

However, if I ever decide to step outside of that realm, I know that the knowledge I have gleaned here will save me from giving my $$$ away on fakes and misrepresented goods.

The Wash Tag "Fake" Code is definitely a great tool to be armed with.

However, on the down side, the scammers do read this stuff and will adjust their tools of the trade.

Just an idea:

What about a service that one could send the ebay, or another auction or direct listing for online vetting that would say it is probably correct or not and charge a nominal fee for the service....
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

This one I got before it got to be team issued. I got it at the Russell factory outlet the summer of 1984.
    It is consistent in every way with a Dolphins game jersey of that era. I am almost 100% positive that Russell's retail jerseys were not this length, and the tagging is consistent with other Dolphin jerseys I have seen (i.e. a letter size and not an number size). Marino did not wear jerseys with stretch side panels during 1984. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    I still remember the day I bought this. They had a whole rack of Dolphin jerseys and some 49er jerseys too.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by DConLA View Post
    HELLO I BOUGHT A KOBE JERSEY ON EBAY FROM THE SAME VENDOR THAT IS POSTED ON POST #13 DIFFERENT AUCTION #.THATS WHY I BOUGHT IT TO SHOW HOW EASY IT IS TO GET ONE ON EBAY.AND THERE ARE A FEW OF THEM OUT THERE.THAT IS WHY I STARTED MY THEAD KOBE JERSEYS.THE JERSEY IS BEING SOLD IN MY EBAY AUCTION FOR WHAT I PAID FOR IT $560 AS A TEAM ISSUED.

DAN
    323 257- 4898 daniel248@earthlink.net
    I SOLD THE JERSEY TO ANOTHER DEALER IN CHICAGO AT A LOSS OF ABOUT $60.00