Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: Post interesting game issued items here

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    Has anyone ever been told exactly why Ichiro is allowed to have his first name on the back nameplate of his jersey's? Nobody else is allowed to do this as the back should say Suzuki. It seems that MLB is setting a double standard here. I was told that it was done to placate the Japenese ownership of the Mariners as well as the Japense people in general in order to keep their interest high in both Ichiro and baseball here in the states in general.
    double standard? i remember certain player named chili who did the same thing.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by skipcarayislegend View Post
    1982 St. Louis Cardinals Game Jersey...

The Size of the Jersey is 40. (which may explain why it was never issued - kinda small)
    I'm sorry, I just saw this now and had a good laugh. The seller's explanation as to why he thinks the jersey was never issued to a player is hilarious.

80's era Braves jacket. Sold for $44 on 2/8/09. No name or number visible at time of sale. Seller: "I do not know if this is a game used jacket."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280309278623
    Attached Images Attached Images     

MICHAEL JORDAN GAME ISSUED 1984-1985 ROOKIE JERSEY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320343249698

"I am offering a 1984-85 game issued Michael Jordan home white bulls jersey. I purchased it in 85 right after the season, so it didnt switch any owners in the past. It came in a lot. You can see another jersey from the same lot in one of my other auctions. The lot came with a letter from the Bulls. Probably one of the rarest and most beautiful Jordan items around."

rudy.

Milwaukee Brewers vintage "game used" helmet. Sold for $139.06. No player id at the time of sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220391801162

Description: This is an authentic vintage Milwaukee Brewers game worn batting helmet manufactured by ABC. The helmet is for a right handed batter and is sized to fit someone with a 71/8 head. Fully padded on the inside and made of an extremely lightweight and strong plastic material.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    Has anyone ever been told exactly why Ichiro is allowed to have his first name on the back nameplate of his jersey's? Nobody else is allowed to do this as the back should say Suzuki. It seems that MLB is setting a double standard here. I was told that it was done to placate the Japenese ownership of the Mariners as well as the Japense people in general in order to keep their interest high in both Ichiro and baseball here in the states in general.
    i believe that you are correct in the fact that it is to placate the Japanese people. according to wikipedia- "It was during the 1994 season that he began to use his given name, "Ichiro" instead of his family name, "Suzuki" on the back of his uniform. Suzuki is the second most common family name in Japan, and his manager introduced the idea as a publicity stunt to help create a new image for what had been a relatively weak team, as well as a way to distinguish their rising star. Initially, Ichiro disliked the practice and was embarrassed by it; "Ichiro" was a household name by the end of the season and he was flooded with endorsement offers." so basically the mlb has let him use ichiro instead of suzuki because it is most likely in the best interest of the league to not mess with a good thing.

Hey

New here, just bought this jersey saying its game used, was suposed to come with loa. seller "forgot" to send loa with it. Awaiting that to come in. I was just wondering your thought on this being game used. i do hope so mostly because i wasnt to smart not doing All my research first.

Heres some pics, any help would be great on this. i was told this was the place to go for this kinda info. if for some reason this is inside the wrong place, please move it to the right or let me know the right one and ill repost. On to the pictures!!

If theres any other picture i could take that would help please do let me know.

1986 Jim Kelly Team Issued Rookie Jersey

A team issued Jim Kelly rookie jersey from 1986 was auctioned on eBay in September, 2009. The original owner obtained it in a charity auction many years ago, and I have included a photo of him wearing the shirt next to Jim Kelly. It is a very nice item, and is worth every bit of the $500 the new owner paid for it, but it was never worn in a game. Kelly was one of several Bills players who shortened his gamer sleeves in 1986 by cutting them up to the second stripe. I have a large amount of video and photos available, and have yet to see a photo or video of Kelly in 1986 wearing the full-length sleeves.

Just something to keep in mind if this awesome jersey loses part of its sleeves one day in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Unused 80s era Cubs helmet. Listed on ebay on 10/22/09.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EARLY-1980S-CHIC...item518da38b6d

Ebayer tim_455qkf recently added a couple hats to his collection. It should be fun to see which dead hall of famers end up wearing them.

1) An old Mets cap, sold as a 1962 era hat with leather band. Original seller description:

I believe the Mets wore this style cap during their inaugural year. The cap is a much darker blue then the caps now worn by the team. The button on top of the cap is orange. The orange “NY” logo is large and thin.Made by the Cooperstown Ballcap Company. There is no sizing sticker, but I believe the cap will fit 7 ¼. Has a leather sweatband.
    Like New! Rarely Worn!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280399090038

2) 1950s/60s St. Louis Cardinals hat. Original seller description:

1950s Vintage St.Louis Cardinals Baseball hat NEW ERA
    I believe this to be an actual hat from the 1950s, but it may be a 1960s version. You will know better than I do. Fantastic condition with no moth holes or wear visible. Great band inside and no sweat stains or dirt shown.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370281446712