Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How successful was the auction?

Now that the GUU auction is a few weeks ended, how successful was the auction? Did we have any forum members turn out to be deadbeat bidders and what will be the ramifications of that?

Mike

Re: How successful was the auction?

i never bid, bought, or really even looked at the items available, i would rather just deal with single party, strait up For Sale Items,.....and since the For Sale section here is a thing of the past, i don't regularly look in on this site like i once did,......not much interest left here!,.... in my opinion. Just my 2 cents. What about you?

larry
    larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

Quote Originally Posted by larry bourget View Post
    i never bid, bought, or really even looked at the items available, i would rather just deal with single party, strait up For Sale Items,.....and since the For Sale section here is a thing of the past, i don't regularly look in on this site like i once did,......not much interest left here!,.... in my opinion. Just my 2 cents. What about you?
    What is the appeal of the "For Sale" section? As a buyer, do you get good deals? As a seller do you get good prices? In 2 years, I have only seen one item that I wanted. I have noticed a lot of folks cold-crying about an item's price being too high. How is the "For Sale" section better than eBay? I don't get it. By no means am I attacking you Larry, but haven't you learned anything about game used stuff from this forum? And if you haven't...then please remain active on this board to educate the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    Now that the GUU auction is a few weeks ended, how successful was the auction? Did we have any forum members turn out to be deadbeat bidders and what will be the ramifications of that?

Mike
    Hello Mike,

The auction was a tremendous success. We do still have a few bidders that have not paid but we will be trying to collect on those items this week. As for as ramifications, we will begin to consider them after all attempts have been made to collect on items. Hopefully, the remaining winning bidders will come through this week.

As a side note, we have also begun mailing out consignor payout checks. We have already sent payout checks for over half the amount sold in auction and we will be sending out the remaining consignor payouts this week (likely all of them by Wednesday).

Please let me know if that answers your question.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    What is the appeal of the "For Sale" section? As a buyer, do you get good deals? As a seller do you get good prices? In 2 years, I have only seen one item that I wanted. I have noticed a lot of folks cold-crying about an item's price being too high. How is the "For Sale" section better than eBay? I don't get it. By no means am I attacking you Larry, but haven't you learned anything about game used stuff from this forum? And if you haven't...then please remain active on this board to educate the rest.
    I have always gotten better deals dealing straight up with a seller, if I happen to be the one who spots it first I normally can work out a good deal with the seller. Auctions usually go for top dollar as there are far too many people taking chance bids and driving the price up. At the end of the day someone who is looking specifically for an item will pay market value and often over-pay. I don't understand what your comment on Larry "learning anything " on this forum has anything to do with his question???

George

The problem I have with the loss of the "for sale" section is that I would often buy lower dollar items that would not make sense in an auction format. Hopefully something will be done to have a for sale area again...even if there is a cost attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    I don't understand what your comment on Larry "learning anything " on this forum has anything to do with his question???
    Larry said there is not much interest for him left on this site, without the for sale section. I was disagreeing. I have never benefited from the for sale section. However, I realize it brought many more members to post on the forum. So, I vote for bringing back the for sale section, so everyone is happy. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    What is the appeal of the "For Sale" section? As a buyer, do you get good deals? As a seller do you get good prices?
    For me, the appeal for not only the for 'For Sale' section as well as the 'Wanted' section is the one on one relationships I developed within this community. By inquiring about postings in either section, I often discover someone that has my same collecting interests. From that point, frequent e-mails back and forth negotiating on a certain item has led to "what else do you have?" Over time you get to know some of your community members more personally, and now I check in from time to time just to see what they may have come accross. I have also gotten to know some by contacting them directly because they have knowledgeable posts about something I'm interested in. So developing friendships or collecting relationships isn't soley tied to the 'For Sale' section, but I sure do miss it.

My main interest in this site was the for sale section as well. Now that it is gone, I don't stop by often. I actually learned more in the for sale section than the others. I like to know what the market is truly getting on items. I also like the idea of a one on one relationship vs auction format. I can also say that as a seller I have very few items that I would consign for auction (cost, time) , therefore I will sell them elsewhere.
    It seems as though this forum has turned in to discussions about the GUU auction, occasional purchases, and bats, bats, and more bats.

BRING BACK THE FOR SALE SECTION

Fellas, thanks for the response. Another question: Is the "FOR SALE" section better than eBay? As a seller, wouldn't you want the biggest audience? Not the GUU auction, American Memorabilia, GFC, etc.
    Have sellers got better prices from the "for sale" section than eBay?