Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
In fact, I have already received an email from Adam apologizing for what he did and admitting it was wrong. I applaud him for being mature enough to admit is mistake and apologizing.
While AWA85 was apologetic in his email to me, you are ignoring the larger issue here. For one mistake, you are banning a 23-year-old collector from this forum for life. Young collectors are the future of this hobby, and by alienating him, you are alienating me. Young people make mistakes. In my life, I have done far worse things than sending unsolicited emails. Had people reacted to me with the same draconian measures as you did to Adam, I would have grown more resentful than penitent.

I made some huge spending errors on eBay when I was 14; I got in big trouble for them. However, my parents did not take eBay away from me for life. I got it back in a year and a half, and I have not made one mistake since. Personal experiences aside, the point is that you are going to the extreme. You may be stressed from the National, but be a man and admit that you are being too harsh. All you need to do is say that you are wrong, give out a short suspension, and let's move on. For the benefit of this forum, I think you owe it to a penitent and regular participator to commute AWA85's banning for life.