Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mike Piazza rare show signing

http://www.mabcelebrity.com/shows/cu...n01.htm#piazza

MAB Celebrity is having Mike Piazza as an autograph guest in one of their up coming show. Last time Mike did a show on the East Coast was back in 2000. Check out the prices for bats! He will also NOT sign any game used items.

David

Re: Mike Piazza rare show signing

Why don't some players like to sign game used items? Is it because they aren't sure of the authenticity?

Check out the Bob Gibson photo.......who the hell named him Hoot?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never heard Bob Gibson called Hoot. Here is Hoot Gibson, he was a rodeo star....

I think if anyone called Bob Gibson "Hoot", they'd get knocked down with a fastball!

ok, I stand corrected, I just found a reference on Wikipedia that said he was called Hoot........thats a new one to me!

I've been with Cal to several MAB shows (including one just this past weekend in north Jersey) and can tell you that they (particularly Mollie & her husband Joe) are a class organization and really try to bring players in that the public want to see.

I never knew Mike's baseball nickname was "Special Guest"

Banned

$600 for aautographed bat I could think about 20 other guys participating in the show I would rather have. I hope no one shows up for his autograph

I'm a big Piazza fan but would never pay someone who made 90 million dollars over 6 years $199 - $600 dollars for an autograph. Its just another example of modern day player greed feeding off the average joe fan.

However there will be folks who will line up for a bat signature just like the ones who paid the astronomical prices to rub elbows with Arod and Barroid 2 years ago.

David

I could be wrong here but that is a price set by the promoter. The player gets a set fee for doing the show the promoter sets the prices for sigs at what he feels would support the demand.

Piazza is a pain to get signatures from. Last year when he was with San Diego he looked me square in the face and said no when I had a brand new baseball then continued to sign for other people then this year he signed a card for me during ST with the A's and thats it. He also broke a bat during BP that day and when I asked him for it he said he gave it away already and I know he hadn't because I watched him the entire time. If i remember correctly he has been very protective of his bats throught his career so much so that he had his bats locked away separate from the rest of the team while with the Mets.

Banned

I wouldn't pay ANYONE $600 to sign something. That's just crazy.