Once again, I'm really glad that I stumbled upon this place as I in just a few weeks have learned mucho information and this thread is just another tool to work from when buying.

As I've stated before, I collected GU items back in the late 80's and through the mid 90's and was able to source my stuff directly the Dodgers, Angels and a few other sources.

I recently got back into it that last couple of years as I've been going to about 30 to 40 games a year and have rekindled the flame and have again found some sources to get the goods.

Nevertheless, I have dipped into the ebay pool and each and every thing I have acquired via that media has been kosher/jake... but that's only because I only am collecting LA Dodgers Items and have a good basis of what is what with them.

However, if I ever decide to step outside of that realm, I know that the knowledge I have gleaned here will save me from giving my $$$ away on fakes and misrepresented goods.

The Wash Tag "Fake" Code is definitely a great tool to be armed with.

However, on the down side, the scammers do read this stuff and will adjust their tools of the trade.

Just an idea:

What about a service that one could send the ebay, or another auction or direct listing for online vetting that would say it is probably correct or not and charge a nominal fee for the service....