Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AMI Dan Marino

Re: AMI Dan Marino

Check this out. This is from American heritage Galleries in Dallas. The reason I post this with photos is because description said it was obtained directly from Pat Catello w/ LOA from Lampson. It is an 85 jersey...and it went for under $6k. My question is......how does an 85 Game Used jersey go for under $6k if it is from Catello ? I am looking for rational of people submitting responses that if the 94TB jersey was an actual gamer it would have went for a whole lot more. This is the most expensive Marino game jersey I have seen. I read where someone said they would pay $20k for a Marino gamer. I have trouble believing that and I have not seen the market dictate a price for a Marino jersey.

I am looking for feedback because as I have indicated in other postings, I am interested in Marino and Dolphin Game Used items from impeccable sources. I am trying to determine what is range for such items. Your responses are appreciated.

Below is ad for jersey. Note: they sold SB helmet for a little over $20k

1985 Dan Marino Game Worn Jersey. The earliest Dan Marino jersey we've ever handled, and certainly the finest as well. Thi...
    Track this lot.
    Add a note about this item

View Larger Image
    Sold for: $5,377.50 (includes BP) Bid Source: Internet
    Ended: May 5, 2006
    Buyer's Premium: 19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $9.00 per lot)
    Auction Name: 2006 May (HSC) Signature Auction #704
    Auction Type: Signature (The floor auction is being held in Dallas, TX on Saturday, May 6, 2006. Online bidding ends at 10:00PM CT the night before the floor session for this lot. Your secret maximum bid will compete for you during the floor auction, and it is possible that you may be outbid on the floor after internet bidding closes.)
    Number of Bidders: 7

Description
    1985 Dan Marino Game Worn Jersey. The earliest Dan Marino jersey we've ever handled, and certainly the finest as well. This spectacular white mesh Miami Dolphins gamer dates from the newly inducted Hall of Famer's third season in the League and shows appropriate quarterback wear, with some contact "dings" particularly noticeable on the rear nameplate. The jersey body is white mesh, which has discolored somewhat over the years. It has a cotton stretch ribbed v-neck and a full compliment of sleeve stripes. As was Marino's styling fashion during his early career, the sleeves have been cut right to the edge of the lowermost sleeve stripe. The alpha and numeric identifiers are correct in their screened-on application. The numerals are aqua and orange and the mesh nameplate features "Marino" in single color aqua, plain block font. The font was unique to the Dolphins at the time and the plate is in proper position approximately 1/4" above the major horizontal transverse seam. All identifiers and correct in their size, position, color hues, font style and affixing style. The lower left front tail sports the "Russell Athletic" red, white and blue label in size "XL." Most Dolphins' jerseys of the era sported labels with non-numeric size designators. Marino has autographed the jersey on the back numeral in perfect black sharpie, and provided an inscription referring to 1985 gamer status and year stats, reading "1985 Season, 4137 YD / 30 TD." Obtained in the 1990's at the height of "screened-on" hysteria from Dolphins' equipment assistant and guru Pat Catello. LOA from Lou Lampson. LOA from PSA/DNA.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Helmet was $33k...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Good news....the videos that I ordered last week from the 2 games just came to my office...I will view them when I get the chance later and post back
    Pete,

Can you also look into the Stoyanovich jersey mentioned in the thread that is being offered by Jim Yackel and let us know if it matches the Minnesota game. We know it doesn't match the Jets game already...

Thanks,
    Dave

will do Dave...but I think you should start a new thread on that one

Pete

Last night I had he chance to view the Dolphins game vs the Jets in Miami...with 100% ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY I can tell you that Marino DID NOT wear the AMI jersey in this game...

I viewed every dolphins offensive series' from both halves to make sure that there wasn't any jersey switching throughout the game...

Here the issues that are absolutely conclusive:

1. In the video, Marino's right sleeve was cut wide open...aka flared open...Difficult to tell from AMI's photo, but their discreption states that both sleeves are open

2. In the video the Wilson logo on the left sleeve does indeed touch the #1...The AMI Marino has white spacing between the two

3. The pattern of the stripes on the sleeves is also different. The AMI shirt has equal sepration between the orange, white, and green...the video shows that the orange stripe is almost touching the green stripe...just like Ducks' picture shows

4. Marino is definitely wearing a jersey with mesh shoulders....the AMI is of dazzle cloth....this one alone disqualifies the AMI shirt

5. Also the bottom of the "V" in the collar difinitely hits the horizontal seem in the video..The AMI shirt does not

Once I get the chance, I will view the game against the Vikings and post the results...

The Throwback jersey Dan Marino wore against the Vikings in 1994 is owned by Pat Catello and is on display in the Dolphins Hall of Fame. It is unwashed and has a mark on the back #1 almost like a fold, clearly noticable on the game film and on some cards as well. Catello also has the Jets jersey which is also unwashed, full of DIRT stains all over it and matched up to the game throughout all 4 quarters! One jersey worn in both games and neither one is the jersey that AMI is offering! Talked to his agent and was told he may address this issue on his radio show this Monday night.

Dr. P, curious did you get a $20k jersey from Lund ? I am interested in purchasing a Dan Marino gamer but the highest price I have seen is $5k (see above). I wast just curious b/c your last post said you were willing to drop $20k.......where did you get that figure. Lund responded by telling you to call him...so I was wondering if he has access to Marino gamer ?
    Thanks

ducks...

i do have a marino in my collection but it is "technically" not for sale...it is always hard to judge the true market value of something that is 100% real...I paid more than 5 for my Marino because it is 100% real, game used, and video matched....but no, Dr. did not buy my jersey

I will be posting later what I find in the Vikings game

Lund:

Thanks for the reply. I am just trying to gauge the market for Marino game used items. You input was appreciated. I guess the rule is the value of the jersey is what someone is willing to pay for it.

I am in the process of compiling a year by year catalog of photo references for Marino game used items. I wish I was able to obtain from Fins their records for Marino equipment.

ALways on the lookout for Marino Game Used Items from impeccable sources!

Thanks!

ducks...

there is something coming up for sale that I want really bad, so I might be selling my Marino to raise funds...can't have everything!!!!...if interested, Chris C. will give u my cell #....