Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Don't ever forget

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Mets Bats...thats really cool

I think that I would like to get some sort of game-used piece for my collection to symbolize 9/11....I remember when the Yankees went to the WS, I wanted them to win so badly, even though I can't stand them

The tenor who sang the national anthem was incredible..it was such a moving time...i'm sure that even Red Sox fans were pulling for NY then

what do you guys consider the coolest pieces that symbolize 9/11?
    I must admit i was rooting for the Yanks then.....
    Jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post

I wish the media had the balls to ask the hard questions about that tragic day .....What really happened ....

We owe the dead the TRUTH ....... we will most likely never know the truth about all that happened on September 11th ,2001 ....

Now that is tragic...

Never forget there are unanswered questions that need answers ....

I don't want to get in a political debate on a memorabilia forum, but your comments have me curious. We pretty much know everything that happened that day down to the minute , so what are you referring to as the truth?

Regards,
    Dave

Most people don't like to commerate unhappy events and is why it doesn't get press like it used to. Our president also politically milked this topic and since his popularity rating is rather low, I think a lot of people are sick of hearing it over and over again. Most importantly, like it or not, 9/11 will fade until it reaches obscurity. Here is why: dates we forget...

April 12...Our Civil War began on this day in 1861.

June 28...WWI begins in 1914.

Nov 11...The War to End All Wars, ends, in 1918. We still celebrate this day every year and most people don't even know it...it was called Armistice Day, but we call it Veteran's Day now.

Dec 7...more people remember this day than the others, but it also happens to be a very popular Hollywood theme...Pearl Harbor.

Nov 22...JFK was killed in 1963

How about July 20...1969 Moon landing.

Even the 4th of July is even wrong...they completed The Declaration of Independence on July 2nd, not the 4th.

We remember very little outside of what has happened in our lifespan. Our kids and grandkids won't remember because we don't remember our past generations. 9/11 is insignificant compared to the American Revolution or Civil War...most high school kids can't even tell you the difference between the American Revolution or Civil War. We remember because it was significant to us, but it won't mean nearly as much to people who weren't touched by it. We remember, but like it or not, it will continue to fade every year. Don't be too frustrated because it has happened to every single generation.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    I don't want to get in a political debate on a memorabilia forum, but your comments have me curious. We pretty much know everything that happened that day down to the minute , so what are you referring to as the truth?

Regards,
    Dave
    That is why I tried to limit my comments . If you buy into the gov't explanation of the events , then you may "know" what happened and I guess you can move on . But , too many unanswered ????? The steel beams were never inspected , shipped away quickly to be melted in (undisclosed location) . NO one has been convicted for the crime . Payoffs given to family members to not sue (if payoff is accepted) . I just to remind people as well not to forget .

The 9-11 report does NOT even include WTC 7 falling . A building in Spain burned for over 8 hours and is STILL standing . Do some research on the web then think and decide for yourself . The Twin Towers were designed to take a direct hit from an airplane !

It really doesn't matter what someone says , cause no matter what side of the debate your on , the other side will dis-credit you.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

For any one who believes the conspiracy theories, I ask you to read this.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...w/1227842.html

But people will believe what they want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    That is why I tried to limit my comments . If you buy into the gov't explanation of the events , then you may "know" what happened and I guess you can move on . But , too many unanswered ????? The steel beams were never inspected , shipped away quickly to be melted in (undisclosed location) . NO one has been convicted for the crime . Payoffs given to family members to not sue (if payoff is accepted) . I just to remind people as well not to forget .

The 9-11 report does NOT even include WTC 7 falling . A building in Spain burned for over 8 hours and is STILL standing . Do some research on the web then think and decide for yourself . The Twin Towers were designed to take a direct hit from an airplane !

It really doesn't matter what someone says , cause no matter what side of the debate your on , the other side will dis-credit you.
    With all due respect, you sound like chicken little. You're implying that the US government brought down the towers? Research on the web? If its on the internet, that means its true? C'mon brother, We just can't face facts that we got defeated by some crafty bastards, who got lucky. Now this nice little tribute thread must be deleted. Rob, Chris, or Eric-please do the honorable thing.