Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't ever forget

it is 9/11 and as the years go by, it seams that the media coverage keeps decreasing...right now there is only 1 show on MSNBC...

throughout the day today I was amazed that noone even mentioned this imporetant day

obviously this isn't related to game used items, but the impact on our lives and to our country should never be forgotten

God Bless!!!!

Re: Don't ever forget

There was a lot of coverage on the history channel today.Im gonna watch the Msnbc coverage at 1 am..thank god for vacations

to clarify...i meant that i didn't hear one thing at work today and I probably talk to almost 50 different people a day

We Will Never Forget
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mets Bats...thats really cool

I think that I would like to get some sort of game-used piece for my collection to symbolize 9/11....I remember when the Yankees went to the WS, I wanted them to win so badly, even though I can't stand them

The tenor who sang the national anthem was incredible..it was such a moving time...i'm sure that even Red Sox fans were pulling for NY then

what do you guys consider the coolest pieces that symbolize 9/11?

actually it wasn't the national anthem, but it was God Bless America....anyways I remember that feeling like it was yesterday

talk about a moment when it's truely a time for people to stand up collectively and put personal interests aside for what really matters...and then instead you start reading about guys taking bats out to a little league park to scam a few dollars...what a world we live in

Why I will never forget.

- My Dad worked for the NY & NJ Port Authority for over 30 years and was on the 72nd Floor when the first bombing occurred in 1993. He had to walk down 72 flights to evacuate. Thankfully he retired early from the Port and was not there during 9-11.

- I worked at Tower 2 on the 9th floor as my first professional job out of school. You always remember your first job and it being at the Trade Center was special.

- My wife worked a couple of times as a Temp for AON on the 98th floor of WTC One during the later 2000 into 2001. When we found out we were expecting our 2nd child due around October 2001 she quit the Temp job around June. My son was born end of October 2001 1 month after 9-11. It make us realized what may have happened if we didn't have our son. She could have been in the 98th floor that day. You always remember a birth of a child but having it occur around the time of the darkest moment of American history made it bittersweet.

- I remember the day of 9-11 as I watched the news and seeing the Towers fall I worried about my friend and fellow collector Andy Fogel who was the Director of EZ Pass at the Port Authority. Thanks to God that he was not in the office that day. Andy and I on many occasions over the years used to meet in the WTC Concourse to exchange and complete memoriabilia deals.

- Kenneth Ledee was the brother of one of my sister best friends. I met Kenny once during a Church OutReach program when his singing group New Creation came to perform at our church. We lost Kenny in 9-11.

David

David...

Reading your post gave me the chills and is extremely moving

My sister worked at an architectural firm in Mid-town and I'll never forget not being able to get a hold of her that day

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    it is 9/11 and as the years go by, it seams that the media coverage keeps decreasing...right now there is only 1 show on MSNBC...

throughout the day today I was amazed that no one even mentioned this important day

obviously this isn't related to game used items, but the impact on our lives and to our country should never be forgotten

God Bless!!!!
    And Osama "Houdini" Bin Laden is still NOT captured, even has his own movie production company (wow) ..... Meanwhile, we're still Iraq and cannot leave without creating a bigger mess......Lots of money being made on the distraction called Iraq....

I wish the media had the balls to ask the hard questions about that tragic day .....What really happened ....

We owe the dead the TRUTH ....... we will most likely never know the truth about all that happened on September 11th ,2001 ....

Now that is tragic...

Never forget there are unanswered questions that need answers ....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...