Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Random GU Thoughts 9-13

Hey gang-

Couple of thoughts today.

I like the idea of the "C" Captain's patch on the NFL jerseys. Maybe it's me, but I am not crazy about the fact that they're all the same design.

I think it's ok to have it vary by team. After all teams have different designs, different patches. Bring me back to the days where you see the style C Danny White is wearing,

and look what Marion Butts had with my beloved bolts (great early 90s haircut by the way)

Speaking of my beloved Chargers. I have to admit, when I first saw the Chargers new unis (when they unveiled them at a fashion show- hardly an NFL type event) I wasn't crazy about them. (Notice in the photo a design error on the throwback. On this prototype, the bolts are going the wrong way)

But I have to admit, I kinda like 'em now

That shot would look even better if they were hoisting the Lombardi trophy. Dare to dream...

Couple other thoughts...
    If you haven't ever read an issue of Sweet Spot magazine, they do a really nice job covering the hobby. In their ads section they state that they only will accept advertising from honest companies. You have to love that.

Also, doesn't it sort of feel like the calm before the storm for the game used hobby? There is talk of investigations and wrongdoing- We see backpedaling and is Operation Game Used heading our way?
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: Random GU Thoughts 9-13

Hey Eric,

I am not sure about the new uniforms yet. I don't especially like the way the jersey's seem to look like they are on backwards. They don't seem to have the typical "V" collar. ANy way I always thought the throwbacks were the best in football. I wish they had switched to those, helmets and all. Some NFL team should put numbers on there helmets. Maybe the Browns. Anyway do you have any Igor Ochansky game used items? How hard are Chargers stuff to get. A big pick up would be either a throwback helmet or jersey. ANy information would be appreciated. If you have anything of his could you please post.

Also I noticed the early pre-season games the USA flag sticker was positioned ackwardly over the lighting bolt. I am glad they seemed to have fixed that issue (pictures below). Not a big deal but it seemed careless.

Also what about LT's new mask? Are we going to see any "game issued" back up helmets of these soon?

Thanks,

Jay

Butts' haircut looked like Willie Lanier's helmet!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have always had a soft spot in my heart from those early 80s unis.

You gotta love it- Winslow, Muncie and Joiner.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

I dislike the new unis principally because the horizontal bolts on the shoulders look limp. Don't like em at all, put em back where they were and I'm good to go. As to LTs new facemask, it's WAY too Darth Vader for my tastes!