Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Roberto Clemente Game Used Autographed Bat? Is This Real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Reberto-Clemente...QQcmdZViewItem

This can't be real, based on the label and the knob stamping, can it? Am I messed up on what I have learned from these websites in the past year?

Post Re: Roberto Clemente Game Used Autographed Bat? Is This Real?

Hi
    I went to that page and that looks no way like a game used bat. I dont know but to me it looks like a store model.

Re: Roberto Clemente Game Used Autographed Bat? Is This Real?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025
    Hi
    I went to that page and that looks no way like a game used bat. I dont know but to me it looks like a store model.
    What is your proof of this? Please help educate people- why does it look to you like it's a store model?
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    What is your proof of this? Please help educate people- why does it look to you like it's a store model?
    Eric
    I see several things about this bat that tell me its not a professional model Clemente bat. For starters, the RC2 on the knob is a clear indiication this is a store model bat. As far as I am aware, any H/B bat with a player's initials (RC) followed by an inch designation (3) defines the bat as a store model. Next, the Slugger II model was a store model bat. A real Clemente game used bat would be a model 125. I'm sure there are several other factors that could be discussed, but these two jump out of the page at me upon first glance.

Kevin

Banned

It is a store model for the following reasons.

!) Foil stamped

2) RC2 means a Roberto Clemente 32" bat

3) A pro bat would be a 125 model.

Post Re: Roberto Clemente Game Used Autographed Bat? Is This Real?

Hi
    If you read the Letter Authenticity on the page it says nothin of it being game used by him.

In addition to the correct points made above , all H & B documentation indicates that Clemente ordered bats from 34.5 to 36.5 inches in length during his career. This is a moot point, however, as this is clearly not a professional model bat. The LOA is for the autograph on the bat, not for the bat being a professional model game used bat.

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike

Seems like I've seen a number of instances where a seller claims that an autographed item is game used, and offers a COA, but the COA only speaks to the auto, not the issue off game use. But the seller doesn't make the distinction when saying the item comes with a COA. Got to be carefull. Of course, not that COAs of game use are the end all and be all anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025
    Hi
    If you read the Letter Authenticity on the page it says nothin of it being game used by him.
    Okay, I checked the auction description and see that the seller calls this an autographed "game bat", not a game used bat. I'm confused by this terminology. I understand the terminology "professional model bat", but I sure would like some clarification on the meaning of a "game bat". Is this just a fancy way for a seller to subtly suggest a bat is a professional model gamer when it really is not? Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

Kevin